Why You Need To Sign Up for OTSP Secret Sister #OTSPsecretsister

I have been involved with the On The Same Page Secret Sister (OTSP Secret Sister) Project for the last two rounds. I have met some amazing girls and you definitely need to get involved and see how rewarding this adventure is!

The next round starts soon, sign-ups on January 16th. There are different levels of participation, so you can spend a little, or a lot, depending on your financial situations and how much you want to spoil your secret sister.

I love the program so much, firstly, because of the relationships with the sisters. I have gotten to know my sisters, the ones I gifted to, and those who gifted to me, as well as others who were part of the program. The hashtag #OTSPsecretsister on Twitter and is used daily.
Secondly, I love receiving the gifts and encouragement. They always seem to come on the day you need it the most and make you happy each time you use something given to you by your sister.


There are three different levels of involvement:
  • Pen pals: That’s right, this is strictly letters and cards. No trinkets, no extras, nothing. If you want to send ANYTHING more than a letter or a card every month then we ask that you sign up for one of the higher monetary tiers.
  • $5-$10: Send a heartfelt letter to catch your sister up on how things are going that month and then send an e-book, paperback straight from Amazon (thank you Prime shipping!), baked goods, homemade bookmark or other DIY project, or how about a movie night box with a DVD (thanks to the $5 bin at Walmart) and some candy for a movie night!
  • $15-$20 Any of the possibilities listed above and perhaps a newer hardcover from your sister’s wish-list, some fun socks, fandom tshirt, themed box, get creative!!
  • $25+ The sky’s the limit here, we just ask that you remember to reign it in a bit and remember the goal of this project is for cheer, and joy and forging positive relationships, not excessive gifts. Send those heartfelt letters!!
I am going to sign up for the $-$10 this time. I have been doing the $15-20, but with the baby coming, I am going to cut down my spending. 

There is a Q&A and some "rules" on The Book Addict's page. Check them out, it is also the same website they will post the sign-ups!

Here are some of my packages to and from my secret sisters! My sisters are Hannah, Emily from Wholly Books and Lisa from Read, Writing and Random Musings. My round three secret sister has not revealed herself, but hopefully soon!


Check out the #otspsecretsister hashtag on both Twitter and Instagram to see all the involvement! You are going to be glad you signed up!

7 comments

  1. This sounds so cool. Thanks for sharing it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really does sound like a lot of fun. maybe one day I can sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I've wanted to try it, but I can't guarantee my time or consistency with school right now, and I'd hate to be that jerk who forgot to send stuff. :( Maybe during the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved the experience myself, and I do recommend it. I think I might be taking a break this next round though :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. You have some good sister love there. I did participate in a couple of Christmas exchanges, but an all year thing would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like a lot of fun :) I'm going to get to know the hosts a bit before I sign up though, but hopefully next time I'll be able to take part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for this! I officially sent my application in today. If I get in, this will be my first time joining in on all the fun.

    Carrie @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.