Review of The Witch of Duva

There was a time when the woods near Duva ate girls...or so the story goes. But it’s just possible that the danger may be a little bit closer to home. This story is a companion folk tale to Leigh Bardugo’s debut novel, Shadow and Bone.












 I read Shadow and Bone again and decided to grab The Witch of Duva before jumping back into Siege and Storm. I am loving this re-read and adding The Witch of Duva into the magic made it even more fun!

The Witch of Duva was a fun, dark fairy tale. It was definitely not your Disney fairy tale. The gingergirl was my favorite part, it was that magical aspect that turns dark.

I would love for this story to be developed into a movie or for a story of what happens to Nayda after the short story we just read is finished.

There are some smaller references to The Grisha series, like some of the food or kvas, or Grisha steel. But other than that, it was not really part of the series at all. I was kinda hoping some of our favorites would appear, even in small parts.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13643163-the-witch-of-duva

http://www.aflurryofponderings.com/2015/12/2nd-annual-blogoversary-giveaway.html

4 comments

  1. I have to be honest this is not up my alleyway at all. Glad you were able to sort of enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one. I really need to read some Leigh Bardugo at some point!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Leigh Bardugo yet, but this sounds like a fun addition to her work. Too bad you didn't catch of a glimpse of any of your favourites though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of Leigh Bardugo but not this one; it sounds like it doesn't tie in that well with the series but interesting all the same (I love dark fairytales lol)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.