Review of Everything Everything

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

Not going to lie, it has been a long time since I read a book that made me stay up all night to read. Everything, Everything had me reading from Christmas Eve into Christmas, it was so good! Everything, Everything was our pick for book club and I am almost sad it took me this long to read it.

Likes:
  • Like Madeline states at the beginning of the book, SCID, or the bubble child disease, is something that interests a lot of people, myself included. It was so interesting to get an inside view into what life is like not being able to go outside.
  • Madeline was the ultimate book nerd. She had a fully stocked library, all these fresh, amazing books packaged just for her. It has made me realize that I really need to read The Little Prince and Flowers of Algernon. I keep seeing Flowers around and I think the universe is telling me I need to read it.
  • Olly. I was super into Olly right away. Book boyfriend #100 lol. The whole bundt cake scene had me. I was in and in over my head. I think that was the point when I knew I was going to be up reading all night.
  • The ending totally took me by surprised. I really did not see it coming! I love when I can be surprised and caught completely off guard. I am also glad that I did not read any spoilers since the book has been out for a while.

Gripes:
  • The only gripe I had has nothing to do with the actual story. I just wish I would have read the physical book, because some of the IMs, drawing and images were really hard to decipher on my Kindle. It would have made the experience a full 100% with the hard copy in my hands. 




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18692431-everything-everything?from_search=true&search_version=service
http://www.aflurryofponderings.com/2015/12/2nd-annual-blogoversary-giveaway.html

9 comments

  1. Great review!! I'm glad you loved the book! I had the same feeling--I wish I would've read the physical book instead of the kindle version too. But what an amazing book! Definitely one of my favorites of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book too! I also read it as an e-book and at some point I want to buy it just to re-read as a physical book. I love all the fun stuff in there and I want to see it better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess that's a good enough reason to buy the hard copy. ☺
    I love Olly too. And Madeline. When's our sequel coming? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess that's a good enough reason to buy the hard copy. ☺
    I love Olly too. And Madeline. When's our sequel coming? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review! I have added it to my TBR today. I will make sure to get the Paperback copy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed this book. I've been hearing incredible things about this book, and now since you enjoyed it too, I guess I'm going to have to push it up on my TBR. ;)

    Lovely post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore how you share your 'likes and gripes' for your reviews! I enjoyed Everything, Everything! Olly was so sweet and I loved that Madeline was a book nerd. The ending was surprising for me too although it didn't leave a good impression. Still, I thought this was generally a cute read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this book as well, but maybe not quite as much as you ;). I hope this is the beginning of many great reads to come in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I also had problems with the drawings on my kindle as well. Although I didn't like this as much as you did, I LOVED that Maddie was a book nerd. And you should DEFINITELY read Flowers for Algernon. It's my favorite book!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.