Review of Ugly Love

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.



I have just recently started reading Colleen Hoover books. New Adult isn’t my normal genre and honestly, I was afraid that a lot of them would be like Fifty Shades of Grey (which I haven’t read, so that is just hearsay). I have been really glad that I started reading Hoover’s books because they have been much deeper and more entertaining that I assumed they would be.
 
Likes:

  • I always love Colleen’s characters. I feel like they are real, they experience emotion in a normal way and are relate-able.
  • I really liked Tate. I felt that I could have been a lot like her in that situation, and it would have totally been me trying to have a relationship that did not have strings attached, but actually falling in love.
  • Miles was intense. I loved when he would let the world in and actually give a little bit of the story, but it was tough when he was such a hard wall to climb. I can totally understand the pain, I have no idea how I would deal with it.
  • I enjoyed the way the story was split into two POVs. It was from Tate’s POV in present day, and then it was from Miles POV 6 years earlier. It made for a suspense that really kept me listening to the story, waiting to hear what was next.

Gripes:

  • I really wish I would have gotten more of the relationship at the end. But I can understand the stopping point.
  • Sometimes it was so frustrating to not know what was going on with Miles because it seemed so over the top with the way he held everyone at arms-length. But after finishing the story, I understood. 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17788401-ugly-love
 

7 comments

  1. Ugly Love is the only CoHo's novel I haven't read yet, I'm hesitant to dive into this one, I don't really know why... I might check it out though, since everyone seems to love it! BTW, Miles and Tate makes an appearance in November 9 (I didn't know since I haven't read this one, but it's still funny) :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! I would've loved to see more of their relationship (although that last scene in the plane was ADORABLEEEE) and I do get what you mean, at times I did think that Miles was being over dramatic. Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I can recommend a hundred amazing NA reads.
    Have you seen who's playing Miles in the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to look, is it Nick Bateman? IMDB is not really showing me much!
      Hope you get some great books under the tree! Merry Christmas!
      Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

      Delete
  4. Girl, I can recommend a hundred amazing NA reads.
    Have you seen who's playing Miles in the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love Colleen Hoover! I started reading her a while back, and Slammed totally brought me to my knees! Ugly Love made me ugly cry, and while I agree with you that it was frustrating at times to not understand Miles better, once we did learn about his past, I think my heart broke into a thousand pieces...
    Great review, Missie!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this book around so much which means I should really hike up the time to read it. I do like my contemporary romances and many believe this author is the best of the best. I am glad you could like the characters so much, and find them to be realistic.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.