Crafty Ponderings with Bible Journaling



Sorry that I have been so absent lately, I just seem to have gotten a little burned out on blogging. I think I put so much pressure on myself to post every day that I completely gave up instead of just backing up and slowing down a bit.

Plus, I have found another hobby that I LOVE and am currently obsessed with. I have always been a Christian, believing that God wants a relationship with us, but just like my blog, I had put so much pressure on myself, believing that that relationship was only valid if I was perfect. And let's face it, I am FAR from perfect. I slowly drifted away, stopped reading my bible, going to church and praying. A few weeks ago, I discovered a new movement through Instagram. It is called Bible Journaling. It has transformed my walk with the Lord. I have LOVED art worship in my bible and the community of believers that I have met through the process. It has transformed my relationship with the Lord and my life, bringing me back to the real focus. Here are some of my recent works!



If you are interesting in learning more - and seeing some way more amazing art worship, check out these bloggers and make sure you follow their Instagram accounts!

Illustrated Faith

Life Lived Beautifully

Superkdubs

Fisch Tale Designs

Taz and Belly

Arden Ratcliff-Mann

Soul Scripts

Bumble & Bristle

 photo Signature smaller.png

10 comments

  1. Pressure of life.
    I agree that there seems to be this pressure we put on ourselves to have a post everyday. But yea, that's not really realistic. If you can, great. But importantly. It's your blog. Post whatever you want whenever you want. I hope the break is doing you well. I feel like I need one every other month. Especially this time of year when ALL the books are released and all my reviews are piling up.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so utterly gorgeous! I will definitely check out the sites you mentioned - I love that being creative with your Bible has brought you closer to God!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very timely for me as I am looking into starting my own Bible Journal. Great post!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I love seeing the artwork of others as they journal in their Bibles. I am NOT artsy in the least, but I love this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I love seeing the artwork of others as they journal in their Bibles. I am NOT artsy in the least, but I love this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I love seeing the artwork of others as they journal in their Bibles. I am NOT artsy in the least, but I love this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this. It's definitely something I would love to try. I actually would never think of writing, let alone drawing or painting in my bible. But, it's actually pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would feel weird crafting in my Bible, but I think it's awesome that it's actually helping you in your walk! I think author Kiera Cass does this same sort of thing; I've seen her post similar pictures on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this looks so cool! I like that this is something for you, and you can design it however you want to help you understand the Word and keep it in your mind. I have never heard of this kind of crafting before, but I can admire it :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so cool! Thanks for sharing, Missie! And yes, thank God it's all about his grace and not our performance or we'd all be sunk. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.