Waiting on Wednesday with Never Never

James Hook is a child who only wants to grow up.

When he meets Peter Pan, a boy who loves to pretend and is intent on never becoming a man, James decides he could try being a child—at least briefly. James joins Peter Pan on a holiday to Neverland, a place of adventure created by children’s dreams, but Neverland is not for the faint of heart. Soon James finds himself longing for home, determined that he is destined to be a man. But Peter refuses to take him back, leaving James trapped in a world just beyond the one he loves. A world where children are to never grow up.

But grow up he does.

And thus begins the epic adventure of a Lost Boy and a Pirate.

This story isn’t about Peter Pan; it’s about the boy whose life he stole. It’s about a man in a world that hates men. It’s about the feared Captain James Hook and his passionate quest to kill the Pan, an impossible feat in a magical land where everyone loves Peter Pan.

Except one.
I love the story of Peter Pan and this sounds amazing! It is due out September 22nd and will be perfect for fall!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24517738-never-never


 photo Signature smaller.png

13 comments

  1. Awesome pick!! I stumbled upon this earlier this week and thought it looked great. I love the cover!!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-ash-bramble-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this one before. Now this is another nice-sounding book to keep my eyes out for! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one around a ton lately but for good reason -- it sounds so good!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I'm so looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember coming across this awhile ago and thinking I NEED this. It'll be here soon.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book! Ohmigoodness I need this book! I want this one so bad! Great pick!

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-court-of-fives.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. I hope you enjoy when it releases!

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, A BOOK WITH THE "VILLAIN" AS THE MAIN. EEP!

    *happy dance* Sorry for the all caps.

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read the original Peter Pan story but I have grown up with the films and even some retellings of this classic story. I would LOVE to read this one - it sounds fantastic, and I kind of like the idea of a darker Peter Pan, you know? haha Added to good reads!

    -Lauren

    My WOW: http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-symptoms-of-being.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of this book before but it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard some mixed reviews on this book, but it does sound like a book that I would like to read. I love retellings, plus it's Peter Pan.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for this book as well! I heard about it sometime at the end of last year or at the beginning of this one for the first time and since then i am waiting for it to finally come out so that i can read it!
    I really hope they write it as fantastic as it sounds and put a nice spin on the whole story. Maybe even keep with the original bad Pan. that would be fantastic.
    Have you read Tiger Lily? Because that book is one of my favorites and such a nice spin on Peter Pan, since it tells the story from Tiger Lily's perspective.
    I hope that Never Never will have a similar fantastic view of Pan.
    So happy to hear that i am not the only one waiting for this one to come put.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am actually going to be reading this one soon! I love Peter Pan as a story itself and well, I am a bit crazy on this retelling wagon lately. So I am definitely looking forward to reading this one really soon. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.