Review of The Good Girls

From Sara Shepard, author of the #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series, comes the shocking sequel to The Perfectionists—with an ending you'll have to read to believe!

Mackenzie, Ava, Caitlin, Julie, and Parker have done some not-so-perfect things. Even though they all talked about killing rich bully Nolan Hotchkiss, they didn't actually go through with it. It's just a coincidence that Nolan died in exactly the way they planned . . . right? Except Nolan wasn't the only one they fantasized about killing. When someone else they named dies, the girls wonder if they're being framed. Or are they about to become the killer's next targets?



Oh, the Good Girls. I am glad that I read The Perfectionist right before The Good Girls was released, so that I could binge the duo. Sara Shepard has skills, that girl can write angsty teen mysteries like no other. It is easy to see why Pretty Little Liars has such a following.

Likes:
  • I loved that we got answers in The Good Girl. Season after season of PLL has left me worn out on the guessing game. I was so glad that Sara decided to do these books as just a duo and let us in on the game.
  • I liked that the book did catch me off guard a little bit. I didn’t really see the ending coming and a surprise is always my favorite. I love those ah-ha moments.
  • I love Sara’s easy writing style. She is modern and her work flows smoothly, keeping you intrigued and making you want more.
  • I loved getting to know the girls more and the back stories. There was some predictability, but alas, that is just what happens when you read a truckload of books.
Gripes:
  • I would have liked to know more at the ending. Maybe it will spur a novella or something. I was just left with wanting a little more.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23171368-the-good-girls



 photo Signature smaller.png

4 comments

  1. This sounds like such a creepy and unsettling mystery Missie. Definitely going to have to give it a try though - your review makes me really excited to read this! Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to know that you liked this, Missie. I just bought my copy of about a week ago and I plan to read it soon. Great review! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard everyone complaining about the PLL finale and it made me so glad I haven't started the show. Lol. I think I will try and get my library to get this duo so I can give it a try.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave Pretty Little Liars years of my life and they gave me a crap resolution. I can't wait to read this one, it's a shame there seems to be more answers to get--but that's Shepard's style.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.