Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.
The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters ... Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?
Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?
- Rose is one of my favorite all-time MCs. I love her style, her wit and her personality. I want to be her best friend. Lissa and her are awesome friends and I totally enjoy the realistic aspect of their friendship. I have 5 college girls who I feel like I am bound to and will always be there for each other. We often know when to call each other and have insight that something is wrong without even talking to each other.
- Dimitri, seriously Dimitri. He is one of my favorite book boys. I so ship Rose and Dimitri and it was hard to listen to this book knowing that Dimitri was now a Strigoi. The battle between the mind and the heart was evident. I know that it would have been really hard to be in Rose’s shoes. To be so in love and knowing that there was a small, but horrible way to be together, or to follow his wishes and actually kill him.
- I loved Dimitri’s family and am interested in seeing how they play into the rest of the series. I especially love Dimitri’s grandmother. She was so funny, she definitely made you learn the hard way.
- Adrian. He is that bad boy that I easily fall for. I love getting to see more and more of his teddy bear personality.
- I think I might be the only one who actually liked the Vampire Academy movie – and I so hope that they continue with either the movies or TV show. Maybe it will switch over to a TV show like the Shadowhunters coming to ABC Family. But I want it to be the same Lissa, Rose and Dimitri!
- No real gripes, excited to see where the series goes!