Pampering & Prose with Honey, Honey and An Abundance of Katherines



Today’s highlights for Pampering and Prose are Honey, Honey Healing Body Crème and An Abundance of Katherines.

 I am obsessed with Honey, Honey. It feels so good and smells amazing. It is fresh and sweet. I love how quickly the apricot kernel oil absorbs into the skin. It is the same base as in the Big, Fat, Yummy Hand Cremes and it works so perfectly. I haven’t been able to try it out yet, but I have heard that it works great as an insect repellant too. Bugs hate lemon! I am definitely eager to try that out, I hate the smell of bug spray, plus I would love to use something more natural. The main ingredient is honey. Honey is a moisturizing and skin-conditioning ingredient that functions as a humectant. Honey also has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties, providing some protection against UV rays. Honey absorbs impurities and is an ideal cleansing agent.

Honey, your skin needs to be healed, loved, soothed, and moisturized. Apricot kernel oil absorbs into the skin like a dream, leaving only hyper-hydrated skin—no annoying, greasy residue. Apply as often as needed for super soft skin with a delightfully sweet raspberry lemon meringue scent!


 I really enjoy John Green’s writing style. He is witty and has a great bookish background that he incorporates into his books. I have finally read all of his books, An Abundance of Katherines being my last. Sadly, it was the book I liked least out of his work. I am not sure if I had too high of standards or if it just didn’t really work for me personally. Colin was a smarty pants and he had a bit of an odd personality. I could compare him to Spencer from Criminal Minds ( although I have a HUGE crush on Spencer). Colin has only dated girls named Katherine. It wasn’t really intentional, but it happened that way, 19 times in fact. And he was dumped by the Katerines. He decides to go on a road trip with his best friend and work out an equation to figure out why he was dumped so much. He stops in a small town and ends up meeting a girl, getting a job and figuring out more about himself. Colin himself had a fairly good character arc, but I think that I enjoyed the side characters in the story a lot better. I loved the small town and the interviews that Colin did for work.
The story itself just was flat-lined for me. I wasn’t involved and didn’t have an emotional connection to the characters. I listened to the audiobook, which tends to get me more involved and invested, but I really struggled to stay involved with the book.

http://www.poshwithmissies.com

On a side note – make sure that you sign up for Posh Perks! You can 250 points just for signing up and 500 points to spend in your birthday month! You get perks for each time you order that you can use on your favorite products or Perk exclusives! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Posh is rewarding you for buying the product you love, and you don’t even have to be the hostess to get the perks – EVERYONE can get them!

 photo Signature smaller.png

4 comments

  1. Honey smells delicious too. I also have a huge crush on Reid. How can your not?! I tried to read this years ago and didn't even make it half way. Not a book for me.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Abundance is one of my favorite of all John Green's books. His character is so snarky and intelligent, I've just never seen anything like it! I didn't like his other novels however like Paper Towns but I liked TFIOS of course!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued with the Honey, Honey - I think I'll keep it in mind for my next order! Sorry you didn't enjoy An Abundance of Katherines more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the prizes!I love the products and posted about them on my blog!

    http://followtheyellowbookrd.blogspot.com/2015/08/posh-to-meet-you.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.