Waiting on Wednesday with What You Left Behind

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

It’s all Ryden’s fault. If he hadn’t gotten Meg pregnant, she would have never stopped her chemo treatments and would still be alive. Instead, he’s failing fatherhood one dirty diaper at a time. And it’s not like he’s had time to grieve while struggling to care for their infant daughter, start his senior year, and earn the soccer scholarship he needs to go to college.

The one person who makes Ryden feel like his old self is Joni. She’s fun and energetic—and doesn’t know he has a baby. But the more time they spend together, the harder it becomes to keep his two worlds separate. Finding one of Meg’s journals only stirs up old emotions, and Ryden’s convinced Meg left other notebooks for him to find, some message to help his new life make sense. But how is he going to have a future if he can’t let go of the past?



 I love how unique this sounds and that the main character is a male! I am super excited to get my hands on it. It is due to be released August 4th, 2015.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23418610-what-you-left-behind

 photo Signature smaller.png

8 comments

  1. Wow this sounds like a tearjerker! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I've been excited for this one too. It definitely is unique in that it's a males POV for this subject matter.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover!! This looks like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an arc copy of this, and I'm really hoping it lives up to my expectations! It's so unique that this would be told in the male perspective, not to mention the perspective of a young male with a baby! I can't wait until I'm able to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the opportunity to review this but I passed it up. I'm really on the fence. I hope you get this and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, this sounds like my type of book!! awesome pick! I'm keeping my eyes out for this one!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I have an ARC copy of this book and I am BEYOND excited to get to it because that synopsis is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds emotionally intense! I'm definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.