Waiting on Wednesday with The Rest of Us Just Live Here

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/


What if you weren’t the Chosen One?

What if you’re not the one who’s so often the hero in YA fiction; who’s supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death? What if you were like Mikey? Who just wants to graduate and go to prom and maybe finally work up the courage to ask Henna out before someone goes and blows up the high school. Again. Because sometimes there are problems bigger than this week’s end of the world and sometimes you just have to find the extraordinary in your ordinary life. Even if your best friend might just be the God of mountain lions...





I love how vague the synopsis is. I really have no idea what to expect and I love it!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22910900-the-rest-of-us-just-live-here

 photo Signature smaller.png

11 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of the Chaos Walking trilogy but I haven't read one of Ness' contemporaries. This book sounds really cute! Awesome pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for this. I feel like there's so many books with heroes and world savers and all this crazy stuff, it'll be so much fun to read a book that's set in the same kind of world, but from an outsider's perspective. Love it!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Patrick Ness after I DNF'd More Than This but this one seems more interesting and he's actually coming to my town for a signing so I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This author is new to me. The concept sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-library-of-souls.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also in love with how vague the summary is but I'm worried about the author since Patrick Ness can be very hit or miss with me. Thanks for sharing:)
    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun book. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one around, but I haven't decided if I want to read it or not. I might wait for some reviews first. Hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like the perfect book for me, because I tend to get a bit annoyed that all the YA heroes/heroines these days are 'the chosen ones'. Great pick, I hadn't heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha I like the synopsis! Thanks for sharing! I like your blog name and look. Nice job!
    New Bloglovin' and GFC follower.
    here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am REALLY looking forward to this one! It's sounds clever and unique, and I need it right now!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.