Waiting on Wednesday with School For Sidekicks

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

Being a hero isn't always what it's cracked up to be in this funny and genuine novel from adult fantasy author Kelly McCullough.

Evan Quick is a GIANT superhero geek who dreams of one day becoming a superhero himself. Every morning he checks to see if he's developed his powers overnight, and every day there's nothing. No flying, no super strength, no invulnerability—that always hurts to check—no telepathy, no magic. Not even the ability to turn off the alarm clock without smacking the switch.

But then Evan somehow manages to survive a supervillian's death ray, and is sent to the Academy for Metahuman Operatives. Unfortunately, his new school is not what he expected, and instead of fighting bad guys, Evan finds himself blacklisted, and on the wrong side of the school's director. If Evan ever wants to realize his dream, he must convince his "mentor" Foxman, a semi-retired has-been, to become a real hero once again.




This kinda sounds like Sky High to me, so I am excited to see how it goes! I loved that movie!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19561918-school-for-sidekicks

 photo Signature smaller.png

6 comments

  1. Sounds like it could be super fun. Sidekicks are underrated and do a lot of work that goes unrecognized. Lol!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this premise!!! this is a new one to me, but I loved Sky High, it used to be one of my favorite movies, and I agree that this sounds like it, which makes me so excited. thank you so much for sharing :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought upon seeing the title was that it sounded just like Sky High. Then I read the post and see you thought the same! That's one of my favorite movies. And I'm on a bit of a superhero craze right now, so you can say I'm super excited for this one. Though I hadn't heard of it before today! Great pick.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-riders.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This one definitely sounds good. I'll have to add it to my TBR! I love superhero books.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks interesting. I never heard of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of this one, too. It definitely reminds me of Sky High, which is so much fun! Where would we even find a vat of toxic waste?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.