Review of Yes, Please

In Amy Poehler’s highly anticipated first book, Yes Please, she offers up a big juicy stew of personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice (some useful, some not so much), like when to be funny and when to be serious. Powered by Amy’s charming and hilarious, biting yet wise voice, Yes Please is a book is full of words to live by.

I hadn't read an autobiography in quite some time, so I decided to listen to Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I have seen quite a bit of Amy's work, Parks & Rec and some movies, but I didn't really know much about her life. The audiobook was read by Amy Poehler and some of her friends. It was 7 hours, 33 minutes long.

  • Amy, like she is known to be, is hilarious. I loved her complete honesty in the book. She put her self on those pages, but not in a way that exposed herself completely. I really enjoyed how she wrote honestly about her life, but still kept the private details on her life to herself. It was a really good mix.
  • Amy goes through her life, starting as a child even. She progresses through college, the beginning of her improv career and finally getting on Saturday Night Live. I loved that Amy had to work, it was not easy and it was just handed it to her. She had to put in her time and work really hard.
  • I loved Amy's sex advice, it was honest and hilarious at the same time. If only more people could be open like that.
  • My favorite parts of the book were when Amy talked about her children. She loves her boys SO much and it showed in the way she wrote about them. I loved her stories about the boys, the things they would do together and even they way they smelled.

 
  • Not a single one, if you like funny autobiographies, this is a great one to read!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20910157-yes-please

 photo Signature smaller.png

3 comments

  1. Brilliant, I've just read Bossypants by her pal Tina Fey and I have this lined up to go soon. I am so glad you liked it and you've made me excited to read my copy!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah I'm glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting for my library to get the audio. C'mon! I love me a good celebrity audio memoir. Have you listened to Bossypants?
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.