Review of The Isadora Interviews

Isadora is a quiet, old witch living alone in the fog-strewn forest of Letum Wood. Her magical power is great, but her foresight is even greater.

As a Watcher, Isadora has the ability to see into the heart of every witch she meets, a talent that makes her the perfect guardian of the prestigious Miss Mabel’s School for Girls.
Any girl that wants to enter the school must first pass an interview with Isadora. No secret insecurity or sinister motivation can be hidden from a Watcher, as four teenage girls will soon find out.

Join Leda, Camille, Michelle, and Priscilla as they each encounter Isadora in their quest to join Miss Mabel’s School for Girls. It’s a collection of short stories that fans of the compelling new young adult fantasy novel Miss Mabel’s School for Girls can’t afford to miss.



I received a copy of the first book in The Network Series during a book tour and really enjoyed the first book. I thought Katie did a great job with writing and it always is inspiring to see an author who has a full-time job but keeps writing as a passion. Although, here in lies an issue for me, I remembered that I enjoyed the first book in The Network Series, Miss Mabel's School for Girls, but I could not remember the actual plot of the book, nor the storyline of the main characters. I wanted to continue with the series, but I really think I will have to go re-read the first book because I really could not remember anything, even after reading the novella.



  • Honestly, it has been a while since I read the first book in The Network Series and I had forgotten a lot of the plot and characters. I remembered that I enjoyed the first book, Miss Mabel's School for Girls, so I grabbed at the chance to read more of the series. The Isadora Interviews was a great way to be "reintroduced" to the characters because it takes place before the girls are in school. 
  • In my review for Miss Mabel's School for Girls, I noted that there was some similarity to Harry Potter. I felt like the series really stood on it's own feet and came to life in this novella. I loved learning the girls past and getting a more detailed view into the lives of the girls who weren't such main characters in the first book.
  • Isadora is a weird old bat, but I loved her methods. I would have to say that odd witches are my favorite characters. Luna Lovegood is one of my all-time favorite weirdos and I can definitely see a bit of her in myself. 

  • As a novella, there isn't a lot of time to develop a lot of action and climax, so it was not the most exciting book, but it read quickly and gave some great character background.


 photo Signature smaller.png

3 comments

  1. I just finished reading the first book of this series myself, and I quite enjoyed it :) I didn't pick up on the similarity to Harry Potter, but now that you mention it, I suppose it is kind of there. This one is next on my list, I'm glad to hear it gives some deeper background on the girls, I am curious about them all!

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I hate when you can literally remember nothing from the previous book. It really doesn't sit well with the book. But maybe it's because we read so much? I don't know...
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I haven't heard of this series, but it looks super fun. I'll have to check it out.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.