Pampering & Prose with Make Out Magic and Magonia



Love kisses? Love soft lips? I do! I am head over heels for Perfectly Posh’s Make Out Magic. It is this amazing sugar scrub that makes your lips so soft and smooth! Give lips a magic makeover! Natural sugar exfoliates and rich butters moisturize for lips so soft and supple. Smooth it on and pucker up! No need to wash off. The best part is not having to wash it off, to lick off that sugary sweetness! A little guilt-free treat!





  Aza Ray is drowning in thin air.

Since she was a baby, Aza has suffered from a mysterious lung disease that makes it ever harder for her to breathe, to speak—to live.

So when Aza catches a glimpse of a ship in the sky, her family chalks it up to a cruel side effect of her medication. But Aza doesn't think this is a hallucination. She can hear someone on the ship calling her name.

Only her best friend, Jason, listens. Jason, who’s always been there. Jason, for whom she might have more-than-friendly feelings. But before Aza can consider that thrilling idea, something goes terribly wrong. Aza is lost to our world—and found, by another. Magonia.

Above the clouds, in a land of trading ships, Aza is not the weak and dying thing she was. In Magonia, she can breathe for the first time. Better, she has immense power—and as she navigates her new life, she discovers that war is coming. Magonia and Earth are on the cusp of a reckoning. And in Aza’s hands lies the fate of the whole of humanity—including the boy who loves her. Where do her loyalties lie?


I received Magnolia in one of my Owlcrate boxes. I hadn’t heard much about it, but the cover was art. I am still geeking out over the cover. One of my blogger buddies said that she thought I would like the book even though it got mixed review. I would have to say that I did enjoy it but wowizers, it was odd. This was one book you really have to let your imagine go and just flow with the story. It starts off so generic, “sick girl and boy who loves her.” But then, it gets CRAZY! I am not exaggerating here. Totally honestly crazy. It is so hard to write this review without worrying about spoilers. Aza finds out that she is actually not really sick, she just is not made to breathe air on earth. She finds herself on a ship in the sky, fully able to breathe and with a new path in life. But her heart still aches for the boy below. Plus, there is some crazy (more crazy) stuff going on with the people of the ship. The world building was a little lacking – I am not sure if it is because there was so much shoved into this one book. It appears that it will be a series, so I would have really liked more development of Aza’s life on this ship. Maybe the part of her training could have been fleshed out more. But, it was still a great read. The writing was really well done and fit the fantasy aspect of the story. I am interested to see where the series goes.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21393526-magonia


 photo Signature smaller.png

4 comments

  1. "This was one book you really have to let your imagine go". Uh, yup! I'm glad you liked it though. I thought it was really unique and could over look the lack of world building(hopefully it will be a lost stronger in the sequel). :)
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. High, girl!
    While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
    you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
    which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile:
    I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

    Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
    of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
    An XtraXcitinXpose with no
    zooillogical-expiration-date?
    An IQ much higher than K2?
    An extraordinarily, anti-establishment victory??
    Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
    (with a most excellent detector of bull§ht):

    “Faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love -
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love”
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
    God believes in you.

    Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
    from a passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
    nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
    of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

    Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMmm, that is intriguing sounding book, I have never hear of an owl crate, will google it and check out the book!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you enjoyed this one Missie! I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.