Pampering and Prose - The Stripper and Midnight Crossroad

I am going to start a new feature, to feature two of my favorite things, Perfectly Posh products and books! I hope you enjoy the mini review and the reviews of my favorite Perfectly Posh products!


https://www.perfectlyposh.com/dtox/stripper-dtox-body-mud

The Stripper (AMAZING name right?!) is a detoxifying mask. It has muds and clays that expel harmful pollution and reveal youthful, healthy skin. I love using it as a mask, my skin can get so oily during the summer and The Stripper makes my skin feel and look amazing. It can be used all over your body.
There are also some "non-label" ways to use the product. People use it to stop mosquito bite swelling, pull up color on tattoos and help heal wounds. The charcol has amazing products to speed up healing.
The Stripper is only $24! (P.S. All of the Perfectly Posh products are less than $25, are naturally-based and free of the crappy stuff!)


From Charlaine Harris, the bestselling author who created Sookie Stackhouse and her world of Bon Temps, Louisiana, comes a darker locale - populated by more strangers than friends. But then, that’s how the locals prefer it...
Welcome to Midnight, Texas, a town with many boarded-up windows and few full-time inhabitants, located at the crossing of Witch Light Road and Davy Road. It’s a pretty standard dried-up western town.
There’s a pawnshop (someone lives in the basement and is seen only at night). There’s a diner (people who are just passing through tend not to linger). And there’s new resident Manfred Bernardo, who thinks he’s found the perfect place to work in private (and who has secrets of his own).
Stop at the one traffic light in town, and everything looks normal. Stay awhile, and learn the truth...
So essentially, Charlaine is back to her normal antics. She has a town full of interesting folks and all types of supernatural activity. The town is a small southern town. A guy moves into town, who just happens to be an online psychic. He fits in with the town folks well, more than he thought he would. 
The mystery of the book was interesting. It was different and i enjoyed that aspect. There was enough twists and turns that it wasn't 100% apparent right away who-dun-it. 
I loved the inhabitants of the town, it was interesting to slowly learn their secrets and special talents. I definitely would love to visit Midnight, eat at the diner, but after that I think I will be on my way. 
I felt like the characters were just thrown in to the story before they were flushed out, like you are just supposed to assume that the people in town are vampires and that is totally normal.


 The chance to get your hands on some Posh is still going on! Make sure to enter my Posh to Meet You Giveaway!

http://www.aflurryofponderings.com/2015/06/time-to-talk-posh-giveaway.html

 photo Signature smaller.png

4 comments

  1. Great idea for a fun new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a fun new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new feature idea! I might have to try the mask soon, because I love mud masks! i have a few i use now that i get from sephora and ulta, but I love trying new face masks! i think it's interesting that some people use it to pull color up in their tattoos! if i order this, i'm going to give my sister some to try, because her ink is fading on her tattoo and she doesn't want to get it retouched! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good, I wonder if I can get some in the UK, I love beauty products.

    Midnight Crossroad was a little slow but it gets better in the second book Day Shift!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.