Waiting on Wednesday with The Detour


On her way to a writer’s conference, a bestselling teenage author takes a detour that has been deliberately set up by her biggest fans—a mother and daughter who kidnap her.

Livvy Flynn is a big deal—she’s a New York Times-bestselling author whose YA fiction has sold all over the world. She’s rich, she’s famous, she’s gorgeous, and she’s full of herself.

When she’s invited to an A-list writer’s conference, she decides to accept so she can have some time to herself. She’s on a tight deadline for her next book, and she has no intention of socializing with the other industry people at the conference.

And then she hits the detour. Before she knows it, her brand new car is wrecked, she’s hurt, and she’s tied to a bed in a nondescript shack in the middle of nowhere. A woman and her apparently manic daughter have kidnapped her. And they have no intention of letting her go.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23310734-the-detour?from_search=true&search_version=service

 photo Signature smaller.png

10 comments

  1. Oh, wow, this one sounds like a page turner. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “SECRET SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed THE RAFT by Bodeen, and I got the chance to meet her at ALA in 2013! I’m really looking forward to this one too :D Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is totally new to me but sounds SO good! Definitely adding to my TBR!!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome!! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list. What a great story idea!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-see-how-they-run.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Misery" for YA fans! I must check this out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This totally sounds like a Misery knock off. Hmmm, not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds a bit different! Thank you for sharing :) I think it's going to find a way on to my TBR.

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh CHILLS. This book sounds creepy and awesome, thanks for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely intrigued, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm... It sounds fun. But I'd find it hard to like the MC. Don't like those kinds of girls.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.