Review of P.S. I Still Love You

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.




I started PS I Still Love You almost immediately after finishing To All the Boy's I've Loved Before. I did read one book quickly in between, but I felt like I had good momentum and wanted to start right away. After the way To All the Boy's I've Loved Before ended, I really needed to know what was going to happen. I listened to the audiobook, it was read by Laura Knight Keating and was 9 hours, 1 minute long.

  • Lara Jean's character arc was awesome in this book. She really came into herself and started to figure out who she really was. As much as she annoyed me in the first book, her changes really made me enjoy her a lot more in PS I Still Love You.
  • Kitty, I love this conniving little girl. She is so funny, goal driven with just that right amount of spunk. She was definitely one of my favorite characters in the book.
  • Genevieve. Argh, that little queen bee drove me nuts. She was always in the right place at the wrong time and I would have felt just like Lara Jean did. I think she was written perfectly, giving her that mean girl edge but you still had that little bit of pity for her.
  • I really enjoy Jenny Han's writing style, so much that I have started the The Summer I Turned Pretty audiobook. She has such a down-to-earth style but also has delicate descriptions that make you feel as though you are there. I can easily get into her books and the characters.
  • Lara Jean stepped into the mother role in this book since Margot was away at school. She hosted a sleep over for Kitty and I wanted so badly to be part of it. They did zombie make-overs, manicures and a photo booth with props! I once again loved the relationship between the family and the sisters and how much they cared about each other.

  • The only gripe I really had was the narrator. If I could not have sped up the audiobook, I would never had made it through. She read SO slowly. I always speed my books up to 2x but with her slow reading style, I wish I could have gone up to 3x. I normally don't really have anything to say about the narrators, but this one was not my fave. Sadly, she is also the narrator on The Summer I Turned Pretty.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20698530-p-s-i-still-love-you



 photo Signature smaller.png

9 comments

  1. Great review! I didn't like this one as much as the first book but I did love Kitty! Had there been less Gen and weirdness from Petere, I probably would have liked it much more! The Summer I Turned Pretty is a great series to read in the summer -- I hope you like it even with that narrator!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've heard a lot of good things about this series. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I still can't get in to audiobooks but it sounds like there is loads of great ones to choose from including this! Thanks for sharing!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jenny Han's writing style as well. I'm planning to buy The Summer I Turned Pretty series soon! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read book one yet, but I am looking forward to it. I think your gripe is why I cannot listen to audiobooks. It's always too slow for me. How do you speed them up?

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anticipating loving these books. They sound really cute and as if they'd be great summer reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, I'm happy I waited to read these back to back. They really are like one book. I hope you enjoy the Summer trilogy. Unfortunately that one pissed me off more than anything else.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen so many good things about this book. I am glad that you liked it. To bad about the slow narrator. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear you liked this. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.