Review of Paper Towns

Who is the real Margo?

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...



I enjoyed both of the John Green books I have read, and once I saw the trailer for Paper Towns, I knew that I needed to get my hands on this one. I think the Fault in Our Stars has to be my favorite so far, but Paper Towns came in a close second.





  • Margo Roth Spiegelman was amazing. I loved her personality. She was odd, a bit dark, eccentric and yet popular and the "queen bee." The night that she crawled through the Quentin's window with a whole plan of revenge was epic.
  • Q was so stinkin' cute. I loved his crazy friendships and the way the boys had such a realistic relationship. I love that they can fight and be loyal to each other. I love when books have portrayal of actual relationships.
  • I love a little mystery - something to keep the book moving and give you the desire to move through the pages.
  • I loved the road trip part of the book. The details of the trip planned down to the minute, peeing into pop bottles and running through gas station to grab food and pay for gas in lightening speed.


  • The book was a lot slower than I expected it to be. I felt like it too me a long while to get through it. I liked the story and the bit of mystery, but it was pretty baseline.
  • I would love to have a split POV in the book - or maybe a whole book from Margo's POV. I liked Q but I was far more interested in what was going on in Margo's head. 




 photo Signature smaller.png

9 comments

  1. I read this book a long time ago and enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to the movie.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFiOS is the only Green book I like(well love). I've tried this one, Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines and all have been DNF's. *shrugs* Glad you liked this one though. Hope you enjoy the movie just as much!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I saw the trailer for the movie, I had no desire whatsoever to read this book. Then... interesting trailer makes me need to read the book. Ugh! Lol. I need to get around to reading it before I see the movie. And I hope it's more interesting than the blurb makes it seem.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you enjoy the movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ashamed to say I haven't read any John Green books yet, I have TFIOS but just haven't got around to reading it or watching the film, then this comes out too making me think I should read this book, just not enough hours in the day!!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with everything you said! It would definitely be nice to read a book from Margo's pov. I really can't wait for the movie! :)

    Sophie @ Seamless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't liked any books by these authors, but this one actually sounds pretty cute :) The trailer of the movie looks awesome as well, I love the sound of the heroine Margo. Wonderful review overall <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the few John Green books I'd like to try. My friend highly recommends this to me. So glad you enjoyed this! I'll definitely grab this from the library soon :) Great review, Missie.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to read this, I've only read TFiOS and can't bring myself to read more John Green yet (mainly because I'm worried there will be tears lol)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been intrigued with this one, but have yet to pick it up. Hopefully some time this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.