Waiting on Wednesday with Pretending to be Erica

We Were Liars meets Heist Society in a riveting debut!

Seventeen-year-old Violet’s entire life has revolved around one thing: becoming Erica Silverman, an heiress kidnapped at age five and never seen again. Violet’s father, the best con man in Las Vegas, has a plan, chilling in its very specific precision. Violet shares a blood type with Erica; soon, thanks to surgery and blackmail, she has the same face, body, and DNA. She knows every detail of the Silvermans’ lives, as well as the PTSD she will have to fake around them. And then, when the time is right, she “reappears”—Erica Silverman, brought home by some kind of miracle. But she is also Violet, and she has a job: Stay long enough to steal the Silverman Painting, an Old Master legendary in the Vegas crime world. Walking a razor’s edge, calculating every decision, not sure sometimes who she is or what she is doing it for, Violet is an unforgettable heroine, and Pretending to be Erica is a killer debut.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23281811-pretending-to-be-erica

 photo Signature smaller.png

17 comments

  1. I like the sound of this one. Definitely adding it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books about people pretending to be other people! Hopefully this is a good one. :) Fantastic pick, Missie!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one around, but I can't decide whether or not I'm interested. Guess I'll wait and read some reviews when it comes out. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so good! I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty thrilling. And a lot of work. Con men, I don't understand your motives. Well besides money... Lol.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. The premise sounds amazing, and of course I can't resist the We Were Liars comparison. ;) Thanks for sharing and, as always, great choice! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really interesting novel! Definitely one I'll read more about upon its eventual release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this one! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this one sounds really interesting! Have to check this one out soon :D Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited for this one as well! Hope we both enjoy this once it comes out! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting. And I love the cover!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. New to me but sounds good, thanks for stopping by and hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so different and intriguing! It sounds like something I'd be interested in reading, though. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this concept does sound fascinating - it's news to me though. Hope you enjoy it once it comes out :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds good! I like when I hear of a book with a unique concept!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this book on Goodreads once and thought it's intriguing. Great pick! I'm excited for this book, too! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Missie! :)

    ~Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got this one in the mail, and it sounds awesome!! Nice pick :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.