Review of Blue Lily, Lily Blue

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.
 
I loved the first book in the series so much, but I was not into The Dream Thieves. Ronan is not my favorite character in the book, unlike so many people. I almost feel bad that I don't fangirl over him, but I often don't fall for the bad boys. Blue Lily, Lily Blue was right back into the original story I loved.
  • Maggie Stiefvater has the most amazing brain. I have no idea how she came up with this whole story and world. It just blows my mind. She is the queen of characters and creates so many characters I cannot help but love.
  • I want to trade places with Blue. I love her crazy family and would give anything to sit around with her aunts and talk supernatural. Plus, I think I could live on yogurt if I had to.
  • Jesse was my all-time favorite character. I loved his attitude, they way he spoke the truth and his SpaghettiOs. The stark difference in height between Blue and Jesse was hilarious and I loved that he called her ant.
  • As much as Gansey is dreamy, I find myself drawn to Adam. He has to work so hard and has been through so much. I think that I would be most attracted to him as a friend if I were in that group.
  • The story had real movement, a lot more that The Dream Thieves did for me. I was really excited to see what the cave held and how the ley line was going to work during this book. The whole mystical and supernatural parts of the book as so intriguing, it really makes me want to aspire to being a writer even more and opening up my imagination.
  • We are close to losing two of our favorite boys in this book. We know that Gansey has a timeline from the first book, so there is always a fear of Gansey's moment, but then Noah is not doing so hot. There wasn't near enough Noah in this book and I hope that book four gives us more Noah opportunity.
  • No real gripes, I really enjoyed the book but there were parts in all three of her books were I was confused. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17378508-blue-lily-lily-blue



 photo Signature smaller.png

6 comments

  1. I really need to try this series, I've a few by the author for another series and I liked it so I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we have to wait until next year for the final installment! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The covers look so creepy yet fascinating. <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only book that I have read of MS's is Scorpio Races. I liked it pretty well and have been meaning to try another for awhile. I may start this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Raven Boys and I can't wait to read the rest of the series!My favourite thing about this book is the characters! They're all amazing,and my favourite is probably Adam and Ronan.
    Great review Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series so much! Maggie Stiefvater's prose is so beautiful, and Blue and the boys have all taken up permanent residence in my heart. Ahh- can't wait to read The Raven King!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.