Crafty Ponderings - FauxDori


Insomnia has had me under it's big, band thumb for the last few weeks and I find myself watching YouTube videos and making Etsy purchases when I cannot sleep. I would say that it is probably not the best time to be shopping, but alas, gives me something to do instead of staring at the ceiling wishing that I could fall asleep.


I just found out about Midori Travel Journals. I am late in the game, but it started with my new planner addiction after purchasing an Erin Condren Life Planner. Midori's are the brand name, and it has been around long enough for some talented people to make FauxDori's. I found an amazing YouTube video from Sea Lemon DYI, with a simple, easy tutorial on how to make my own FauxDori!



I used the Moleskine notebooks on the inside of mine instead of making my own notebooks. I think next time I will make my own, as it would have been cheaper. Moleskine is a bit expensive! I made my own cover for less than $20, but if you don't feel like making your own, there are some super cute sides on Etsy that sell them. Cake Paperie and EastandRory are two super cute stores!

I learned about the FauxDori's from So Obsessed With. She did an amazing job explaining all the aspects of a FauxDori - including the cover, the inserts and the extras!

There are a millions ways to use a Dori - get some ideas on YouTube from vloggers like The Reset Girl.




I bought all the products I used to design my FauxDori at Michael's. The leather cover was a pre-cut sheet. I bought the 2mm elastic cord in the jewelry section, scrap-booking paper and stickers in the Scrap-booking section. I will post more pictures once I get to use it more. I love the unique and crafty look of the journal, plus the cover is re-usable and I can always switch something out if I get bored!


 photo Signature smaller.png

3 comments

  1. These are beautiful! Well done :) I started an art journalling about a year ago but am still on the first page! Hoping to have more time one day soon. I'll try to make a cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been getting into crafts lately. Most of them are quite bookish though. These journals are beautiful and I might have to look into making my own. As if I need another notebook or journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really great! I'm also a notebooker, and use Moleskine. I've always used Sharpie to illustrate my covers, and decorate the inside with stickers. Then I use tabs to stay organized. It never occurred to me to make a cover, or use scrapbooking materials to dress them up. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.