THE MAIN COURSE
Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Filet from Smith and Wollensky
4 oz. Ground coffee
4 oz. Cocoa powder
2 oz. Ground cinnamon
4 oz. Porcini mushroom powder
4 oz. Kosher Salt
2 lb. Butter, softened
3 oz. Ancho Pepper; hydrated, seeded, stems removed
3 oz. Roasted garlic cloves
½ oz. Cilantro, chopped
1 oz. Scallion, chopped
¼ cup Lime zest
1 Tbsp Lime juice
1 oz. Kosher salt
1 cup Wondra® flour
1 cup All purpose flour
2 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp Chili powder
2 Tbsp Kosher salt
1 lb. White Spanish onions, sliced very thin
1 ea 14 oz. Filet
1 oz. Coffee rub sauce
2 oz. Ancho chile butter
1 oz. Angry onions
Mac and Cheese from Weber Grill
Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake from Morton's Steak House
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
8 large egg yolks, plus
7 large eggs
1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
18 fresh raspberries
6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously butter the six 6-inch souffle cups and sprinkle each with granulated sugar.
- Tap out the excess sugar.
- In the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Remove the top of the double boiler pan from the heat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and set on low speed, beat the egg yolks and eggs for about 2 minutes, or until light and smooth.
- With the mixer running, pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and mix for about 2 minutes longer.
- Put the confectioner's sugar and flour in a fine-mesh sieve and sprinkle it into the chocolate mixture.
- With the mixer on medium speed, beat for 30 seconds, or until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared souffle cups, leaving about 1/4 inch of space below the rim.
- Set the souffle cups on a baking sheet and back for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and about 1 inch higher than the rim.
- The centers will be soft but not sticky.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and immediately invert each onto a serving plate.
- Remove the cup and garnish each plate with three raspberries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.