Bookies become Foodies Week - Butterbeer with AJ




Today's guest post is from AJ Bauers, one of my friends and fellow bloggers! Make sure to visit her blog while you are drinking your Butterbeer! 

Picture this:

Your self-cleaning cauldron has reached the end of its enchantment, you received no less than ten howlers at the office, and to top it off, someone cast a tarantallegra curse on you when you walked home. Your arms are sore from scrubbing, your ears are ringing from shouting, and your legs are wobbly from an impromptu dance off. After all of that, you deserve this.



You deserve a butterbeer.

Okay, well, maybe fellow muggles like I don't encounter the above scenarios in a daily life. And let's face it, we probably wouldn't be complaining if suddenly bombarded with magical mischief. But there are days we work like a house elf and feel like we deserve a treat. And what better treat could you give yourself than the butterscotchy, yummy, foamy drink inspired by the Harry Potter series?

I decided to create my own recipe for this delectable concoction for a couple reasons. 1) The way JK Rowling made all her students in Hogwarts desire it made me crave it. 2) I went to Universal Studios and it was amazing and 3) the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook didn't have one (but the treacle tart was quite tasty). The recipe below is the result of numerous attempts to make a drink that was both simple and tasty. The gut rot of having eight or so glasses in one day to perfect it was totally worth it.



BUTTERBEER

Liquid
12 oz. cream soda
1 1/2 tsp. butterscotch topping

Foam
1/3 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. powder sugar
1 tsp. white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1) Combine the cream soda and butterscotch topping in a glass. Stir until mixed. Set aside.


2) In a separate container, mix together the ingredients for the foam topping. Whip together until light and fluffy. Personally, I use a Magic Bullet blender for about five seconds and it turned out perfectly.


3) Pour the foam on top of the liquid. Slurp and enjoy!



Optional: Add one shot of maple flavored whiskey or butterscotch vodka to the liquid portion for a more adult version of this treat

Warning: Intense sugar flavor has been known to cast a mild version of stupefy if drinker overindulges.

There is still time! Join us for Bookies become Foodies week! Post your favorite recipes and link up! 


 photo Signature smaller.png

4 comments

  1. I love butter beer so much! I had some in Harry Potter world, and it was amazing. I'd go back to Florida JUST for it ;)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was at the Wizarding World I drank like 5 of them. They are sooo delicious. Especially the frozen ones.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drat, this looks so good! It makes me wish I liked cream soda and/or butterscotch. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_O oh my....I must try this one out like now! Every time I visit Universal, I have to get Butterbeer. Having my own home made version would be wonderful. Now to go shopping....

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.