Bookies become Foodies Week - Asparagus Tart with Jess


Bookies become Foodies   
Hello! I am Jess from Writing Pearls! I have been looking forward to this event for a month! I think this is a splendid idea sharing recipes that are book inspired. At the time I signed up for this event I was reading A Match Made on Main Street by Olivia Miles. It's full of culinary genius! There were so many food choices it was hard to pick one! I don't know about you, but for me life has been so busy lately, though I love to cook, I don't have a lot of time. something that's tasty, and looks great but didn't take me a lot of time is a winner to me. I hope you enjoy this recipe for Asparagus Tart.



  DSCN0653 

The Ingredients - 1 sheet of puff pastry 1 bunch of Asparagus (about 1 1lb) 8 oz of Gruyere Cheese

DSCN0661 (1) 
Grate the Cheese

DSCN0655 
Trim asparagus. Note... The fool proof way to trim asparagus hold either end, bend it until it breaks.

DSCN0660 
Defrost Pastry Puff 30 min. Room Temp

DSCN0664 
Assemble the Tart. Pastry Puff, Cheese, then layer Asparagus nicely on top of that. Cook for 15 minutes at 375

DSCN0671 

My Tart took only about 12 Minutes. So Keep an eye on it after 10 minutes!

DSCN0680 

Plate and Serve! If you are over 21 I recommend pairing your tart with a nice Sauvignon Blanc. I know not all of you are!!! Don't forget to check out the book A Match Made on Main Street! 

Stop over to Writing Pearls and give Jess some love! Join us this week and link up your posts with your favorite bookies recipes! 


 photo Signature smaller.png

No comments

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.