Blast From The Past Revew - Cinder (Re-Read)


I have re-reading The Lunar Chronicles to prepare for Winter coming out later this year. Since I read the series the first time, I am now listening to the audiobooks. The audiobook was read by Rebecca Soler and was 10 hours, 5 minutes long.

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.






I just finished reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I seriously LOVED it. I stayed up late last night, work up in the middle of the night, early again in the morning and finished it now, right before lunch. 

I actually started this book a few months ago and didn't get past the first few pages, just not in the mood. I read a few reviews and decided to get back into it again.

Cinder is a modern Cinderella story. Cinder is a cyborg who is held be her legal guardian and two step sisters. The prince of New Beijing hears about her mechanical work and brings his android in to be fixed. 

The world has changed a bit after World War IV and there is now a colonization living on the Moon. There is also a plague going through the earthen human race.

Cinder quickly finds herself in the hands of the palace and right in the middle of the quest to find the cure. She also finds out there is a lot more to her history, even more than the small part she can actually remember. She also find runs into the prince again and gets a personal invite to be his date at the ball, an invite she has a million reasons to deny. Cinder is in the middle of worldwide conflict and has to take steps of faith. 

I was really sad when the book ended, but happy that I waited long enough to start the Lunar Chronicles series that the second book in the series is already out. Scarlet is the second book and it brings in a new character, Little Red Riding book. I love the new fairy tale twist. I should actually stop writing this blog entry and get reading! 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11235712-cinder?from_search=true


 photo Signature smaller.png

16 comments

  1. I STILL need to read this book! I have heard so much hype around it but I still haven't gotten around to it! I'm glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I plan to re-read them before Winter, via audio. Did you like the narrator? Six months until Winter!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so happy to hear that you gave this a second chance and loved it Missie! I loved this book so much, one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this one. I tried to read this book 3 different times and couldn't get past the 100 page mark :( I feel like I'm missing out but I'll leave it for a good mood day.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to start this series D: but aren't audibooks so great to re-read things with? That's what I'm using them for at the moment, and I'm loving it!

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the book that changed my perception of sci-fi books. I was hesitant to read it, but I ended up loving every bit of it. That being said, I haven't read any others in the series. So crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I loved this book and it is so popular in our school library - our copy id looking a bit battered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, audiobook! I read this book back around the time it was published, and really liked it! Never followed up with the series though. And that is okay by me! I hope you enjoy Winter!

    Awesome review, Missie :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried reading this before but I closed it by the second chapter because I was in a reading slump .. I might give it another go soon, you clearly loved it so much! Awesome review <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read about this book a lot but it is one of the series that I will read eventually, must make it happer sooner! Great review!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you reread this book that means is has to be a great great book! I have the entire series on my shelf, or at least all the books that are published. I can't wait to get started with them over the Summer.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read hard copies of the books so far? How's the narrator for the audiobooks?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, you loved the audiobooks as much as the original read? This is a great way to re-read!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked this book - and the unique and creative take on the fairytale. How was the audiobook by the way? I've never tried one before, though I really want to give an audiobook a shot just to see the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read these three books a few months ago for a read-a-thon. I loved each and every one. I know I can't wait for Winter and have recently read Fairest as well! I think the characters are just brilliant, the world and ideas Meyer has are creative and I just love how everything plays out. I think Scarlet has to be my favourite book if I had to choose one though, because I <3 Wolf.

    Oh, and as for the rereading, I like the idea of it! I have been meaning to reread some books, and I might do some re-read mini review thought posts like this one.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.