Review of Scene of the Climb

Meg Reed bluffs her way into writing for 'Northwest Extreme', passing herself off to editor-in-chief Greg Dixon as an outdoor adventure enthusiast. Never mind that Meg's idea of sport is climbing onto the couch without spilling her latte. So when she finds herself clawing to the top of Angel's Rest - a 2000-foot peak - to cover the latest challenge in a reality TV adventure show, she can't imagine feeling more terrified. Until she witnesses a body plummet off the side of the cliff. Now Meg has a murder to investigate ... and if the climbing doesn't kill her, a murderer just might.







 I signed up to review the second book in the Meg Reed series and was sent the first book so I could get the whole story on who Meg was and what she is all about. I am so glad I signed up for the tour because I really enjoyed the series!


  • Meg was an awesome MC. She had just finished college and was an aspiring journalist who was struggling to find a job. Her father was also a well-known journalist and Meg wanted to follow in, at least, some of his footsteps.
  • The mystery was pretty well done. I thought that there were a few lagging parts, but for the most part the flow went well.
  • I think a well-written mystery has to make you question multiple characters and Kate definitely had my considering multiple characters as the murderer. If you know who-dun-it right away, it just lacks anything exciting.
  • I have been reading a lot of books that take place on the West coast and this one fight right into that theme. The book was based mostly in Portland. My hubby was just in Portland and I was so jealous - it would have been amazing to see Portland while I was reading the book. It also featured a brewery that makes amazing craft beer I get to enjoy even in Minnesota.


  • The only gripe I really had was the pacing was not as well-balanced as I would have liked. There were some parts that seem a little slow. 





http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

3 comments

  1. Agreed, mysteries must make you question everyone!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding this to my TBR! I love mysteries and haven't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read a good mystery novel in a while, the premise of this one sounds does sound appealing though - thank you for putting it under my radar! <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.