Review of Reign The Prophecy

An original novel based on the hit television series, Reign.

Since Mary, Queen of Scotland was a child, the English have wanted her country and her crown. She is sent to France to wed its next king--to save herself and her people. It's a bond that should protect her, but there are forces that conspire...forces of darkness, forces of the heart. Mary's rule, and her life, has never been safe.

Find out what happens to Mary, Francis, Bash, and the rest of the French court after the season one finale.

Long may she reign.
When I first started watching Reign I wanted more than just the weekly episode. I needed to continue with the story and find out more about Mary. I could not find anything and thought that they would make amazing stories. Luckily Lily Blake had the same idea.


  • The story follows the first season of Reign and has all of the characters from the TV show. It would have been perfect to read this right after finishing the first season to keep up with the story.
  • It was fun to get some more in depth POV perspectives since the book was able to go into a deeper detail than the TV show could.
  • The time period of Mary is so interesting, I felt like both the book and TV show did a great job explaining what life would be like in that era.
  • I really enjoyed the relationship between Lola and Francis. It was really developed and explained in the book. I know that it was an odd situation, but at that moment it was almost like they were saving each other. Sadly, it does create a lot of drama with Mary finding out and the pregnancy, but I still was really interested in hearing Francis' story.
  • The story was so much of the beginning of the second season that it was just like a reminder of the show I had already watched. I wish that it was a separate storyline or a prequel to the TV show. I would love to have a prequel with the girls and how they became Mary's ladies or something like that.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20706301-the-prophecy?from_search=true


 

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

4 comments

  1. I LOVE Reign so I've been curious about these novel adaptations (sometimes they aren't so good!) I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

    -Cristina @ Girl in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so curious about this since, idk if u knew, but I'm like a major TV show aficionado. So I watch a bunch of TV shows and was planning on starting Reign, but it just looked mad weird and I hate history. Lmfao I'll give this one a try because it's got some nice relationships.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a bit weary about reading books based off of tv shows. I'm convinced I'll just get exactly what I just saw on screen. For someone who hasn't seem Reign, would you say this book is worth it to read?

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not that much into books for TV shows mainly when I think this one isn't for me.. But glad you had a good time overall with it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.