Review of Game

Billy grinned. “Oh, New York,” he whispered. “We’re gonna have so much fun.”

I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jazz, the son of history’s most infamous serial killer, Billy Dent.

In an effort to prove murder didn’t run in the family, Jazz teamed with the police in the small town of Lobo’s Nod to solve a deadly case. And now, when a determined New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz’s door asking for help, he can’t say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple–and its police force–running scared. So Jazz and his girlfriend, Connie, hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer’s murderous game.




After finishing the first book in the series, I went directly into the second book because I needed to know more. We were left with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of the first book, so I was glad to be late in the game so that I could read the series all at the same time. I listened to the audiobook again, it was read by Charlie Thurston and was 13 hours, 31 minutes long.

  • I, once again, love Jasper's character. Seeing the world through his eyes and the trauma of being raised by a serial killer is such a unique spin in a young adult novel. It was like watching Criminal Minds through the mind of a teen.
  • The Game was an interesting and wicked twist to the story. I figured out the method of the game fairly early on, so it was a little frustrating that the police and FBI didn't catch on right away, but it still kept me guessing a little in the story and itching to find out the ending.
  • I seriously love Howie. He is so freakin' goofy but such a loyal friend. Plus, his disease really makes him an interesting character.
  • Billy, oh Billy. He is such a villain and the writing makes you want to love and hate him at the same time. I always think that it takes a great writer to come up with the perfect villain, it has the perfect the perfect mixture of love and hate
  • There is still another book in the series and I am going to find it soon. I would love to listen to the audiobook since I listened to the last two and I love Charlie's voice as the narrator.
  • Jasper's girlfriend, Connie was a little annoying in this book. I was ok with her going to NYC at first, but then when she started to play the game without going to the cops, it was frustrating. Seriously, there is a line between a teen being brave and being reckless. I know we all felt invincible when we were younger, but running into trouble with a convicted serial killer is just plain stupid.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15790833-game



 photo Signature smaller.png

9 comments

  1. Great review. I really enjoyed these books and am finally checking out the last one from the library this weekend. I was sometimes frustrated with some of the characters too. Don't they know not to play games with serial killers? Have you read The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes? It's very similar to these books, so you might enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read The Naturals and I loved it! I cannot wait to continue with the series!
      Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

      Delete
    2. I loved it too! I also really liked the sequel and cannot wait for the final book.

      Delete
  2. This one does pretty interesting, I haven't read I hunt Killers yet but I hope to soon :)

    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've never heard of this one before. My initial thought was "not for me." But after reading your review, I think I may enjoy it. And you mentioned Criminal Minds, so I definitely have to give this one a try.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. The son of a serial killer already makes the story sound amazing.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I really wanna read Barry Lyga's series! It sounds amazing, despite the slightly annoying love interest.

    Great review, hun! <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series sounds like a series for me! I'm going to have to get my hands on it soon because I'm very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series sounds like a series for me! I'm going to have to get my hands on it soon because I'm very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.