Blogging Tutorials - Organization

One of the hardest parts of blogging is staying organized and not having a blog that feels like work or homework. I have been book blogging for a little over a year and have learned a few tips to keep me organized (and sane) while I am blogging! Here are some programs and tips I use to help my blog stay active and a hobby I enjoy!

The first item on my list is a good ole paper day planner. I barely use paper anymore, but I found that it was a lot easier to have my day planner next to me when I am scheduling posts. I like to schedule all my weekly memes (Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday) ahead of time, then add in reviews as I do them. I only post “real-time” on Sundays for my weekly re-cap. I don’t have to feel worried if one day is busier than the next and that I miss a post if I don’t have time. I write down my post schedule and then know what days still need posts. Also, on the monthly part of the planner, I post blog tours and reviews with due dates so I can quickly glance at what is coming up soon.



https://evernote.com/

I use Evernote to save my posts before putting onto Goodreads or my blog. I like to sit down and write a few posts up at a time, or write them on my lunch break or free time, so I don’t always post them directly to my blog. I write the post and then save the review in https://evernote.com/Evernote so that it is ready for publishing on my blog. I love that I can access Evernote on both my computer and phone so that I can type on whatever device I have next to me. I can just copy paste the review out of Evernote and format it into my blog with ease.


I just started to use Wunderlist. Like Evernote, Wunderlist allows you to make lists on either your computer or phone. I like to make lists of upcoming reviews, blog tours, reviews scheduled with publishers and even blog post idea







A handy notebook is always with me in my purse. I write down writing ideas, blog post ideas, how I am doing on my goals for the year and my favorite quotes. It is easy to reference when I get to my computer and then I can put the idea down on either a blog post or my Wunderlist / Evernote for later.
 
Sounds like a lot, but I have gotten used to it and it keeps me organized and anxiety-free! I like to be on top of things and not have a book I need to review for a blog tour forgotten or a great post idea to go straight in one ear and out the other (I can be a bit scatterbrained sometimes)!

https://db.tt/EhCsXn6v
Dropbox is one of my best friends. If you do not use it, you NEED to! I save books, images and my blog template on Dropbox so I can have them at my fingertips whenever and wherever I am. I have also found that a lot of blog tour hosts are using them to send material for the posts. I totally recommend using Dropbox on your phone and having all your photos uploaded with the "camera upload" function so that you never lose a photo on your phone and they are easily put right into Dropbox on your computer without any hassle!

What are your organization tips and tricks for blogging?


http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

15 comments

  1. Great post. Thanks for sharing your tips. I’m obsessive about organization, so I haven’t had too many problems keeping my blog organized, but we’ll see what happens when the blog starts getting busier.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organization? What is that? Ha! I am the least organized person ever. I hate it when blogging. But I can't seem to change my ways. As much as I try.
    I envy you. But I'm going to check out evernote. I use a basic notepad app on my phone. But this one seems like it could be a real help. Thanks, Missie!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!! I'm definitely an organization addict.. I like lists and planners. I can definitely use some of these tips! Thanks for sharing them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I've been using a planner and that's definitely keeping me more organized from day to day. I like everything else on the list and I'm determined to try them!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as you mentioned Wunderlist I downloaded it to my phone and it's like a dream! I keep small notebook where I keep track of all the books I read if Goodreads ever bugs out, great post :)
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to be more organized so I'm giving Wunderlist a try, thanks for recommending it!
    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm horribly disorganized, I have to admit. The only one of these things that I use is Dropbox, but I only have a few things on it. I use my regular Google calendar for my scheduling because I have to have everything (blogging AND everyday stuff) in one place - otherwise I'd never manage to keep it all straight!! Glad you've found some great tools that help you!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! I also use a paper calendar to plan my blog posts, but I like to print out monthly pages so I can see the whole month at a glance. I've tried using computer type calendars, but I really love that pen and paper feel and digital planners just don't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some sort of cloud storage is DEFINITELY a must-have! Great tip! I use Drive instead of Storage since the pricing works better for me, but they're both basically the same thing so either one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very helpful tips! Thanks! I use Evernote all the time for taking notes and making lists.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! I have a paper planner as well although I don't use it as much as I should. I go through phases where planning out my posts work and where it doesn't. Right now it's not going so well but you've inspired me to get back into it! I used to use Wunderlist but I decided I just didn't need it. It was a wonderful app for before I had my paper diary though. And yes! Cloud storage! I use Dropbox and I love it. Amazing post Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very helpful post<3 I love being organized with my blog, I keep a blog planner and a notebook with me as well, it helps me know what reviews I want to do next or the reviews requested and what days to schedule them xD I also love writing post ideas as well! Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite LOVING organization, my blogging is more of an organized chaos. I always plan to schedule posts ahead of time, but I wind up writing most of them the day before or day of. As far as tools, I jot down review notes and blog ideas in email drafts (and then type up the "full review" in a blog draft), keep track of what posts on which day on my Google Calendar, and save a few key files in Drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to get on to some of these. Honestly, my blogging life is a mess and it has started to really stress me out. Normally I am such an organized person, but when it comes to my blog, everything is chaotic. I have heard a ton of people raving about Evernote, so I am going to have to try it soon. Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use a Google calendar the same way you use your planner. It helps a lot. I also have a little notebook. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.