Waiting on Wednesday with The Walls Around Us



“Ori’s dead because of what happened out behind the theater, in the tunnel made out of trees. She’s dead because she got sent to that place upstate, locked up with those monsters. And she got sent there because of me.”

The Walls Around Us is a ghostly story of suspense told in two voices—one still living and one long dead. On the outside, there’s Violet, an eighteen-year-old dancer days away from the life of her dreams when something threatens to expose the shocking truth of her achievement. On the inside, within the walls of a girls’ juvenile detention center, there’s Amber, locked up for so long she can’t imagine freedom. Tying these two worlds together is Orianna, who holds the key to unlocking all the girls’ darkest mysteries.

We hear Amber’s story and Violet’s, and through them Orianna’s, first from one angle, then from another, until gradually we begin to get the whole picture—which is not necessarily the one that either Amber or Violet wants us to see.

Nova Ren Suma tells a supernatural tale of guilt and innocence, and what happens when one is mistaken for the other.


 It looks like a suspenseful theme is what I keep picking for Waiting on Wednesday, I hope this one is as awesome as it sounds!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18044277-the-walls-around-us?from_search=true

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

9 comments

  1. I've seen this one around and I really like the sound of it. I hope I can get my hands on it once it's released. :)

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this over a month ago and I really enjoyed it. It was confusing at times but overall, it was a really good read for me :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderfully spooky...and awesome. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “THE GUEST COTTAGE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-work-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I think I need to read this immediately! Thanks for getting it on my radar.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-heir.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I been hearing mixed reviews about this one - but the premise is quite catchy. Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohhh I'm also really excited to read this! I love the cover and the blurb sounds super interesting, so I just hope it'll be good!

    And btw, your blog is absolutely beautiful - I'm following you now via bloglovin! :)

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love suspense, and this one totally looks like a book I'd love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I quite enjoyed this one, even though it was quite... confusing/creepy! The atmosphere, you will feel it! But, anyway, definitely recommended!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.