Waiting on Wednesday with Everything That Makes You


One girl. Two stories. Meet Fiona Doyle. The thick ridges of scar tissue on her face are from an accident twelve years ago. Fiona has notebooks full of songs she’s written about her frustrations, her dreams, and about her massive crush on beautiful uber-jock Trent McKinnon. If she can’t even find the courage to look Trent straight in his beautiful blue eyes, she sure isn’t brave enough to play or sing any of her songs in public. But something’s changing in Fiona. She can’t be defined by her scars anymore.

And what if there hadn’t been an accident? Meet Fi Doyle. Fi is the top-rated female high school lacrosse player in the state, heading straight to Northwestern on a full ride. She’s got more important things to deal with than her best friend Trent McKinnon, who’s been different ever since the kiss. When her luck goes south, even lacrosse can’t define her anymore. When you’ve always been the best at something, one dumb move can screw everything up. Can Fi fight back?

Hasn’t everyone wondered what if? In this daring debut novel, Moriah McStay gives us the rare opportunity to see what might have happened if things were different. Maybe luck determines our paths. But maybe it’s who we are that determines our luck.


This story sounds so unique - I cannot wait to see how it all shakes out. It comes out March 17th!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21795576-everything-that-makes-you?from_search=true

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

16 comments

  1. I've been seeing this on must read upcoming books lists. I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for this. nice pick! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at the "what if" premise...and the character's name: Fiona/Fi. One of my granddaughters has that name and is a teenager.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “A WEEK AT THE LAKE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so interesting! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a cute read, interesting pick :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this waiting on my goodreads! This looks like such a beautiful book!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with this author, but this sounds really good, great pick! Hope you like it!
    Here's my pick: Erica @ Read It. Note It.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this book, it really does sound super interesting!! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying for this book to be released! It seems like an amazing read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this one floating around GR!! I'm not sure how I feel about the cover though

    Patty @ Bookish Wanderlove

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! I love these types of stories. Great choice:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got this one on my list to read also. It sounds so good. Great pick! New follower

    Shannon
    My WoW: The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds interesting! Can't wait for you're review! I also love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds interesting! Can't wait for you're review! I also love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really looking forward to this one too!! It sounds wonderful and quite unique. It's really thought-provoking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read a really positive review of this one recently, that made me really excited to read it! :D I love the thought of reading two different stories for the same character. It's so unique, which is awesome. I hope we both end up liking it, Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm this book looks really good!
    By the way, I LOVE your blog theme. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.