Review of Waistcoats & Weaponry

Sophronia continues second year finishing school in style -- with a steel-bladed fan secreted in the folds of her ball gown. She, best friend Dimity, sweet sootie Soap, and charming Lord Felix Mersey stow away on train to return classmate Sidheag to her werewolf pack in Scotland. No one suspects what or who would be aboard the suspiciously empty train.









The Finishing School series is so much fun, I enjoyed the first two books and could not wait to get my hands on Waistcoats & Weaponry. I so badly want to hand out in the floating Finishing School and be besties with Sophronia and the girls! The audiobook was read by Moria Quick and was 8 hours, 56 minutes long.



  • The second book in the series felt a little like a holding point for Waistcoats, but the plot was really brought to life in Waistcoats. It really felt like things were finally falling into place.
  • The girls were back in action again, especially Sophronia. I loved that she was right back to herself from the second we are brought into the book.
  • I seriously love Soap. He has always been one of my favorite characters in the series and this book has given him a starring role. It was fun to see him outside the school and so honest with his feeling for Sophronia.

  • I love that the truffle incidence from the first book was brought back up in Waistcoats. It was one of my favorite moments in the series so far!
  • Bumbersnoot is the cutest little thing ever. I am allergic to a lot of dogs, but I think I could handle Bumbersnoot. I want one SO bad! I tweeted about my deep desire for Bumbersnoot and Gail Carriger definitely agreed! 
 
  • There was kinda a love triangle, but it was done well and didn't bother me at all. I always like to note when an author does a great job of using the overdone YA plot line.

  • No real gripes, the plot was interesting but it ended with a bit of cliffhanger so I have to wait, and with books, I am not a patient person!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20980648-waistcoats-weaponry




http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

5 comments

  1. Bumbersnoot a mechanic dog? That's kind of awesome.

    LOVE this post! I definitely need to read the first book soon.

    Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Bumbersnoot looks adorable and a dog character? Sounds fun even if it's a dog-robot >.<! I have seen a lot of reviews on this series but I haven't started it yet. Def sounds unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loll this sounds like a cute book - I haven't heard of it before, but sounds interesting! Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such awesome things about this series! I can't wait to read it :) And that Bumbersnoot is so cute!

    Rosie // Rosie Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of the books in this series, but I have recently broken into Steampunk and can effectively say I love it. And seeing as this review is praising the book and I love ones like this, I know I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.