Review of Mr. Kiss and Tell

In the second book in the New York Times bestselling mystery series, Veronica Mars is back with a case that will expose the hidden workings of one of Neptune’s most murderous locations.

The Neptune Grand has always been the seaside town’s ritziest hotel, despite the shady dealings and high-profile scandals that seem to follow its elite guests. When a woman claims that she was brutally assaulted in one of its rooms and left for dead by a staff member, the owners know that they have a potential powder keg on their hands. They turn to Veronica to disprove—or prove—the woman's story.

The case is a complicated mix of hard facts, mysterious occurrences, and uncooperative witnesses. The hotel refuses to turn over its reservation list and the victim won’t divulge who she was meeting that night. Add in the facts that the attack happened months ago, the victim’s memory is fuzzy, and there are holes in the hotel’s surveillance system, and Veronica has a convoluted mess on her hands. As she works to fill in the missing pieces, it becomes clear that someone is lying—but who? And why?
I seriously love me some Veronica Mars. I have watched the series a couple times, own the movie and both books. I cannot get enough of VM and the town of Neptune. I would love to visit Neptune almost as much as I want to visit Hogwarts!

  • We have the same favorite characters and the storyline continues from the show, movie and book before it. I love how it just continues and keeps Veronica Mars alive.
  • It was a good mystery with an old character from the show. I loved the flashbacks to Duncan and Meg.
  • I have always loved Weevil and he was a highlight in this book. It was awesome to have him as one of the main characters.
  • Logan and VM have some moments in the book that just tear at your heartstrings. I NEED to know more and soon - hopefully the next book (if there is a next book) will be out soon!
  • The police force in Neptune is getting some of its just desserts. It was great to see them have to deal with all the messes they have made.
  • No real gripes, it was good and filled my need for VM in my life. I wish there was a little more closure at the end (trying not to spoil things) but I know that it can be in the next book!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21437200-mr-kiss-and-tell?from_search=true




http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

9 comments

  1. Glad you liked it too! I felt like the ending was very foreboding, like we should be worried about what's going to happen next with the sheriff... There was all that foreshadowing with how Keith knew the person as a young adult. (Trying not to give anything away).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one but it does sound interesting - thanks for sharing x Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a continuation of the TV series? I have only watched a few episodes here and there and it's off the air now. So I would want to read the books, but I don't know if I would be into them without having watched the series.

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched 2-3 episodes of the TV series, but it wasn't for me, so I probably won't read the books. Glad you enjoy them though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE VM fan here. I listened to the first book on audio and I am hoping that my library will get the second on audio too. Just in case I requested the ebook....
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love VM! So happy when they made the movie. But I have yet to read the books. Obviously I'm going to have to get on that! Thanks for sharing. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read these books, they sound so fun! And really, any new Veronica Mars is a good thing. She's just such a great character :)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read any of VM tales. I need to get to them soon I think. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one and it sounds really good. Great review, Missie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch, I actually got this one from NetGalley but then someone told me that it would be best I watched the TV show before reading it and I hadn't even read book one. xd aaah yeah, so I guess I'll get to it in 2 years maybe. (There are a lot of seasons in Veronica Mars!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.