In the second book in the New York Times bestselling mystery series, Veronica Mars is back with a case that will expose the hidden workings of one of Neptune’s most murderous locations.
The Neptune Grand has always been the seaside town’s ritziest hotel, despite the shady dealings and high-profile scandals that seem to follow its elite guests. When a woman claims that she was brutally assaulted in one of its rooms and left for dead by a staff member, the owners know that they have a potential powder keg on their hands. They turn to Veronica to disprove—or prove—the woman's story.
The case is a complicated mix of hard facts, mysterious occurrences, and uncooperative witnesses. The hotel refuses to turn over its reservation list and the victim won’t divulge who she was meeting that night. Add in the facts that the attack happened months ago, the victim’s memory is fuzzy, and there are holes in the hotel’s surveillance system, and Veronica has a convoluted mess on her hands. As she works to fill in the missing pieces, it becomes clear that someone is lying—but who? And why?
- We have the same favorite characters and the storyline continues from the show, movie and book before it. I love how it just continues and keeps Veronica Mars alive.
- It was a good mystery with an old character from the show. I loved the flashbacks to Duncan and Meg.
- I have always loved Weevil and he was a highlight in this book. It was awesome to have him as one of the main characters.
- Logan and VM have some moments in the book that just tear at your heartstrings. I NEED to know more and soon - hopefully the next book (if there is a next book) will be out soon!
- The police force in Neptune is getting some of its just desserts. It was great to see them have to deal with all the messes they have made.
- No real gripes, it was good and filled my need for VM in my life. I wish there was a little more closure at the end (trying not to spoil things) but I know that it can be in the next book!