Teen icon Bella Thorne's debut novel!
Filled with personal elements from Bella’s own life, AUTUMN FALLS is the first book in Bella Thorne’s new series! It has everything readers will love and relate to: a real girl trying to find her own inner strength and be the best she can be, with a hint of magic and mystery, and a steady stream of OMG-I-can’t-believe-that-just-happened fun.
With her fiery red hair, new-girl outsider status, and tendency to be a total klutz, Autumn Falls definitely isn’t flying below the radar at Aventura High. Luckily, she makes some genuine friends who take her under their wing. But she also manages to get on the wrong side of the school’s queen bee, and then finds out the guy she’s started to like, funny and sweet Sean, hangs with the mean crowd. Now her rep and her potential love life are at stake.
When Autumn vents her feelings in a journal that belonged to her late father, suddenly her wildest wishes start coming true. Is it coincidence? Or can writing in the journal solve all her problems? And if the journal doesn’t work that way, is there a bigger purpose for it—and for her?
"You'll be obsessed with Autumn Falls. It has basically everything you could ever want: a lovable klutz for a main character, a total heartthrob, and just a touch of magic."--Seventeen
Not sure if I have talked about it much, but I am a huge Disney nerd. Not only do I love every one of the movies and the princesses, I also love the hugely dorky TV series. I have been known to binge on Good Luck Charlie, Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life of Zack & Cody and even Shake It Off. So when I saw that Bella Thorne had written a book, I had to see what it was all about. I listened to the audiobook. The book was read by Bella Thorne and was 5 hours, 18 minutes long.
- I liked the plot of the story. I didn't read the synopsis before I started, so I had no real idea what exactly the story was about. I actually thought Bella did a great job with her debut.
- I felt like the book had all the key high school characters, the mean girl, the new girl, the outcast, the hot jock and the geeky boys. The were well done and realistic.
- Autumn's grandmother was the best character in the book. I wanted more of her in the book, sadly we didn't get a whole lot of time with her.
- Autumn was a fun main character, I think we would have been friends in school. She was a bit like her character in Shake it Up, but not ditzy. She was down to earth, but still a normal teenage girl that makes dumb mistakes sometimes.
- Nothing major for a gripe, it was a decent debut and I am hoping to see Bella do more. Her abilitiy to write this debut at such a young age with a busy schedule makes me realize that I need to get on board and stop putting off my dreams of writing a novel!