Review of Autumn Falls

Teen icon Bella Thorne's debut novel!
Filled with personal elements from Bella’s own life, AUTUMN FALLS is the first book in Bella Thorne’s new series! It has everything readers will love and relate to: a real girl trying to find her own inner strength and be the best she can be, with a hint of magic and mystery, and a steady stream of OMG-I-can’t-believe-that-just-happened fun.

With her fiery red hair, new-girl outsider status, and tendency to be a total klutz, Autumn Falls definitely isn’t flying below the radar at Aventura High. Luckily, she makes some genuine friends who take her under their wing. But she also manages to get on the wrong side of the school’s queen bee, and then finds out the guy she’s started to like, funny and sweet Sean, hangs with the mean crowd. Now her rep and her potential love life are at stake.

When Autumn vents her feelings in a journal that belonged to her late father, suddenly her wildest wishes start coming true. Is it coincidence? Or can writing in the journal solve all her problems? And if the journal doesn’t work that way,  is there a bigger purpose for it—and for her?


"You'll be obsessed with Autumn Falls. It has basically everything you could ever want: a lovable klutz for a main character, a total heartthrob, and just a touch of magic."--Seventeen


Not sure if I have talked about it much, but I am a huge Disney nerd. Not only do I love every one of the movies and the princesses, I also love the hugely dorky TV series. I have been known to binge on Good Luck Charlie, Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life of Zack & Cody and even Shake It Off. So when I saw that Bella Thorne had written a book, I had to see what it was all about. I listened to the audiobook. The book was read by Bella Thorne and was 5 hours, 18 minutes long.

  • I liked the plot of the story. I didn't read the synopsis before I started, so I had no real idea what exactly the story was about. I actually thought Bella did a great job with her debut. 
  • I felt like the book had all the key high school characters, the mean girl, the new girl, the outcast, the hot jock and the geeky boys. The were well done and realistic. 
  • Autumn's grandmother was the best character in the book. I wanted more of her in the book, sadly we didn't get a whole lot of time with her. 
  • Autumn was a fun main character, I think we would have been friends in school. She was a bit like her character in Shake it Up, but not ditzy. She was down to earth, but still a normal teenage girl that makes dumb mistakes sometimes. 

  • Nothing major for a gripe, it was a decent debut and I am hoping to see Bella do more. Her abilitiy to write this debut at such a young age with a busy schedule makes me realize that I need to get on board and stop putting off my dreams of writing a novel!
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18691023-autumn-falls
 
 
 
 
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

6 comments

  1. This book seems quite cliché but I do have a soft spot for it so I might check it out!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google who Bella Thorne was (and gosh now I feel ancient lol) but I do respect those that go after their dreams with gusto (it took me years to figure out what I wanted to do!)

    This doesn't sound like my kind of book, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure if she continues to write, they'll keep getting better and better :)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you wanted to write a novel! We should chat....what really got me motivated last year was doing the 100words/100 days challenge! Let me know if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this one on my wishlist at Audible for quite some time. I like the idea of the author narrating her own book. I feel like it adds a bit extra to the book that we otherwise wouldn't have with a different narrator. I'm looking forward to reading (listening to) it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I didn't know she had published this one! Shake it Off was an okay series for me, so not sure if I will read this one, but it sounds like a fun read. I love that she narrated it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds cute overall. Autumn sounds like someone I would like, great review<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.