Review of All Fall Down

A new series of global proportions -- from master of intrigue, NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Ally Carter.

This exciting new series from NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Ally Carter focuses on Grace, who can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world, and Grace has spent every summer of her childhood running across the roofs of Embassy Row.

Now, at age sixteen, she's come back to stay--in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. In the process, she uncovers an international conspiracy of unsettling proportions, and must choose her friends and watch her foes carefully if she and the world are to be saved.
My amazing OTSP Secret Sister got my All Fall Down by Ally Carter. She even had Ally sign the book, which is so amazing! I only have a couple signed books, so this one was a fun treasure! Plus it was a brand new release I was greedy to read.

  • I was intrigued with the setting. Grace moved in with her grandfather who was an ambassador in a foreign country. Along with the US Embassy, there is a row of other country's embassies all together. There are kids in each of the embassies, along with lots of political rules that the kids need to follow. It is easy to say or do the wrong thing and break relations with a foreign country. 
  • Grace was an interesting main character - I really enjoyed her description of herself at the beginning of the book and then hearing her story about losing her mother. 
  • I could see the book as a tv series and getting to know each of the side characters. I felt like they had a lot of personality and am interested to see how they develop.
  • The series is going to get a lot better, I think that the story will start quickly in the second book and has a great start from book one.
  • The whole book felt like a set up for the next book. I was finally really invested in the story when I realized that there was no way the climax was going to be buttoned up by the end of the book. It wasn't technically a cliffhanger, but I love a series when each book could almost be a stand alone. It has a complete story and then the next book continues with the story but also has a complete plot. 
  • Grace was a little manic sometimes in the book. I know what she was dealing with and feeling like she was crazy, but there were a few times when I felt like she was seriously out of control. I wanted to reign the character in and go back to focusing more on the girl she described at the beginning of the book.
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22571275-all-fall-down
 



http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

6 comments

  1. I have the ARC of this book buried somewhere in my kindle and I really need to get around to read it soon.I've always wanted to read a book by Ally Carter,and this one sounds quite intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. It seems like every review I've seen for this book is three stars. I own it, but I'm just not motivated enough to pick it up, you know?

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the book despite some issues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, it seems like this series has gotten off to a rocky beginning, but I am glad you think it is going to improve in time with the next book. I have never ready anything by this author but I do own the first book to her Gallagher Girl series and should get round to it. Adding this one to the TBR!

    Check out my latest post: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/03/sign-up-fantasy-favourites-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen mixed reviews about this one - I should check it out for myself since I have a copy of it. Great review x Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ally Carter but I'm not quite sure if I will read this book or not but it does seem like an interesting book, great review!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.