Week Recap - "Wild" Ice Fishing


This felt like the longest week ever at work, Friday felt like it had taken two weeks to come. But Saturday was an adventure. My husband and some friends did our first ice fishing derby. We got up and on the road before eight, got our bait and struck out on the ice to stake out our hole. Then we had three hours to wait. LOL. The wind was rough in the morning but luckily it calmed down by noon and we had a great time fishing and wishing that the $10,000 winning fish would come to our hole. Sadly, only one guy in our group caught a fish and it was pretty small, so we walked away prize-less. We did have a great time and enjoyed being outside and telling funny stories. I also got some time to read while we were waiting. It felt like an adventure reading Wild in the icy, cold wind that morning!


This Week on A Flurry of Ponderings:
Monday - Review of Big Little Lies
Tuesday -  Top Ten Tuesday with Classics I Haven't Read Yet
Wednesday - Waiting on Wednesday with Damsel Distressed
Friday - Review of Fairest

This Week I Read:



Upcoming Reviews:





http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

7 comments

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip ice fishing. You got some interesting books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Too cold for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to read your review of Clockwork Angel. I'm planning on giving it another chance soon...

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I do not like cold or fish. Lol.
    I still need to read Four.
    And hey, I reviewed I'll Meet You There last month. :)
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice fishing sounds so fun! I like the outdoors, I don't mind the cold, maybe I'll get to try it someday. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh an ice fishing trip seems fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice fishing sounds interesting. And apparently the perfect opportunity to read!
    Unfortunately it's a warm 5 degrees for me at the moment so no ice, but I will have to add it to my list of things to do when I'm travelling somewhere a bit cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun outing! I think Wild was a perfect read for your adventure! I can't wait to hear what you think about the book!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.