Waiting on Wednesday with Damsel Distressed


Hot girls get the fairy tales. No one cares about the stepsisters' story. Those girls don't get a sweet little ending; they get a lifetime of longing

Imogen Keegen has never had a happily ever after–in fact, she doesn’t think they are possible. Ever since her mother’s death seven years ago, Imogen has pulled herself in and out of therapy, struggled with an “emotionally disturbed” special ed. label, and loathed her perma-plus-sized status.

When Imogen’s new stepsister, the evil and gorgeous Ella Cinder, moves in down the hall, Imogen begins losing grip on the pieces she’s been trying to hold together. The only things that gave her solace–the theatre, cheese fries, and her best friend, Grant–aren’t enough to save her from her pain this time.

While Imogen is enjoying her moment in the spotlight after the high school musical, the journal pages containing her darkest thoughts get put on display. Now, Imogen must resign herself to be crushed under the ever-increasing weight of her pain, or finally accept the starring role in her own life story.

And maybe even find herself a happily ever after.

Enhance the experience with the companion soundtrack, Imogen Unlocked, by the author's band, Wedding Day Rain.

 This one is going to be perfect for my fairy tale re-telling challenge. I think it has a great twist on an old story! It is due out October 14, 2015!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17788889-damsel-distressed?from_search=true

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

13 comments

  1. humm nice
    check out my new post http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/02/whatsblog.html
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about this lately! I'm definitely looking forward to it. :)

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out here: http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound pretty good. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome! And I love that it has a soundtrack. I've read one book that had one and it definitely enhanced my reading experience.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I want to read this one, too -- great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is going to be the year of the Fairy Tales! I'm looking forward to this one as well. (Though I was told a bit ago when I had it on my WoW post that it is not "technically" a retelling. But I think it should still work for your challenge.)

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe that I got this for Christmas and it's been sitting on my bookshelf ever since?!? I love fairy tale retellings and this sounded like a good one to pick up. I hope to get to it soon!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one before, but it sounds like a great story. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of this one. I'm gonna have to add it to my tbr pile for sure. Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes this one looks so fun and cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard good things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great fantasy books coming out, this sounds intriguing - thanks for sharing!

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.