Top Ten Tuesday with Ten Book Related Problems I Have



Today's Top Ten Tuesday is a little silly, but I had lots of fun coming up with a list of my bookish anxieties, sometimes realistic and sometimes made larger anxieties in my mind!


  1. I have to work – this takes up 8 hours of quality reading time
  2. The books I want to read, when I want to read them, are checked out at the library and I am forced to wait
  3. I want to constantly talk about books
  4. I tell strangers that they should read a book when they are at a bookstore – normally I get odd stares because of my excitement over the book
  5. People are confused at the concept of my book blog, as if I am an alien in the room
  6. IF I do not have a book, my Nook or Ipad with, I have a panic attack. I need something to read at all times.
  7. Even if I am just waiting for 2 minutes, even for a meal to microwave, I have to read. Sometimes it is frustrating when the doctor is ready to see me and I am not done with the page.
  8. I need to end on a period and will continue reading until I can end at the perfect point.
  9. When I am deep into a book, I can get agitated when I have to stop reading.
  10. The people around me cannot understand how I can be emotionally attached to a book, like it is part of my soul. I can finish a book and just stare at the wall in amazement or have nightly dreams about it.
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

15 comments

  1. I am exactly the same with needing to end on a period! In fact, I need to end on a period where the next page ALSO ends on a period. Or I get all twitchy haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need one of those "do not disturb" signs when I'm reading. Because I usually ignore those around me anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have to be reading something as well. I also always need to end on a period! I will literally keep reading even though I have to stop to go do something else just so that I can stop where there's an actual end of something. Thanks for sharing, I'm a new follower! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. WORK SUCKS. I feel so stressed because I want to read and blog, but I have so many real life things to take care of and I don't want to :P I need more time in the week for myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non-bookish people just do not understand our life style. Book characters are real to us. The worlds are real. Books are real. :)
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha aww I so agree with your last point .. That's me after a good book Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post! I agree with all of them Especially 9 and 10. I get so frustrated when I have to stop reading a really good book. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My answer to working 8 hours a day--AUDIOBOOKS!!!! I've actually gotten annoyed that the doctor was ready to see me too! It was just getting good! I've wanted to make book suggestions at a book store to people, but I've never gotten the courage to. People definitely don't understand my book blog. Great list.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pesky work can really get in the way! :P I'm the same way with needing to read if I'm not doing anything. That's why I constantly have an audiobook playing in the background!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Work needs to go so you can have more time reading. :Djk
    TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto, especially on the last point!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Work does take a lot of time away. Not just the actual working but the prepping, travel and planning around it! No one really gets why I have a blog either. But it makes me happy to have it. :)
    Here’s My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahah! Number 4 cracked me up. I wish I had a person like you in my local book store community ;)

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have found someone who is even more book obsessed than me! You have no idea how happy that makes me! I do sometimes offer opinions on books in book shops if someone is looking a bit lost...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! It is terrible how much school and homework and all that has to go before reading sometimes :( Especially when I am reading an addicting book! (Which is why sleep hits the backburner) and yes, I need my blog so I can talk about books whenever I want to :3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.