Review of Fairest

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
The Lunar Chronicles has definitely become one of my favorites series, so I was super excited to get a behind the scenes look at Levana. She is so easy to hate and after the novella, even easier. Although, there were those points where I thought she might pull through, but alas, we have our villainous queen.

  • The story starts right after Levana's parents were assassinated. She was just about sixteen and she was left with her sister to rule the kingdom.
  • It was interesting to hear the development of the infection that they sent to earth and what they wanted to happen with it. Even at a young age, Levana was really wise with her tactics on how to rule.
  • Channary was awful! I can only imagine how horrible things would be if she was queen instead of Levana, especially after the infection was sent to earth.
  • I am so excited for Winter after learning more about her family and her past. I cannot wait for Winter to come out - hehee, that just made me think "Winter is Coming."

  • I felt like the whole Selene part of the story had some holes, I realize that if Levana knew for sure that she was alive that it would blow that whole part of the story apart, but I thought that there would have been some more proof that she was alive. It really made it sound like there was no way she could have survived but then there was all the sudden some rumors that she lived. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22489107-fairest



http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

10 comments

  1. Fairest added some great insight into the series. I definitely had a few moments of feeling sorry for Levana. But obviously those would be gone in a blink of the eye.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm super excited to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is funny. I posted my review of Fairest today, too. Fairest made me hate Levana so much more than I ever had before. I liked how Marissa Meyer helped us understand Levana's backstory, but also didn't make Fairest a pity story. No matter how troubled Levana's childhood was, her actions can not be excused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol can't wait to read this one. I still have started the Lunar Chronicles, and I'm ashamed of that but i plan on reading it soon! OMG my book just came in the mail, and I immediately opened the book to see the endpages because man they are so gorgeous!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah The Lunar Chronicles is an amazing series. I have yet to read this book though - great post!

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't started this series yet but I hope to really soon, I love the idea of having prequels and extra stories to get the insight of a series!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read Cinder and that was 2 years ago! I really need to continue this series. I don't usually read prequels because I just...er, dont :p But I might check this out once I decide to read Scarlet and Cress. Aw, I love back stories of villains. They are usually fascinating. Adding Winter on my TBR! :D Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this is really another series I need to get around to starting. There's so many positive reviews around for it! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to read this one! I've been dying to understand Levana and plus I just love this series.
    Thanks for the review!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that the part with Selene felt a little odd... but I guess she couldn't find out what happened when the doctors involved disappeared? Overall though, it was a pretty good read!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.