Review of The Dream Thieves

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...







I loved the characters in The Raven Boys, but hadn’t picked up the second book until now. I am not sure if I wasn’t in the right mood or if the book had middle child syndrome, but I really struggled through it and felt like I couldn’t connect.

I love the group, well everyone but Ronan. Noah has to be one of my favorites, and there was this little moment between him and Blue that I really wish had lasted longer. And Gansey, seriously, this boy makes my heart beat faster. I love his outlook on the world, how much he cares about his friends and his sense of adventure.
The whole idea of “dream thieves” was so interesting. I cannot imagine how amazing it would be to create things from your dreams, although Ronan has shown that this is not always the case.
The more of Blue’s family, the better for me. I love the crazy ladies so much! At one point during the book Gansey called Blue and just told her to explain what everyone in the house was doing, I would so do this all the time!
Ronan’s mother was a really interesting part of the story, although it is not like that at all, she kinda made me think of Weird Science! I want to know more about her, I am hoping the third book will give us some more background.

I felt like this book dragged for me. I really struggled through it. Ronan is just not my favorite of the group and he was the main character in this book.
Adam was kinda a pansy in this book and seemed so whiny. I wanted to hit him on the side of the head with my book and tell him to buck up and stop feeling so sorry for himself.
Like I said above, I just felt like this book had a lot of middle book syndrome, it kinda just ended and led up to the 3rd book. I love Maggie’s work, so I am totally going to read the next book, but still!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17347389-the-dream-thieves?from_search=true




http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

7 comments

  1. I'm quite surprised you thought this dragged; I found it far more interesting and action-y than the first book. Dream Thieves is my favourite book of all time, actually :)

    And Ronan <333 awww, poor Ronan is sad you don't love him (LOL). I wasn't to keen on the idea of him being the MC but once I read his book I just FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM.

    Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much. Hope you like Blue Lily though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this series before but it does look quite interesting. Sad that you didn't enjoy it as much as you wanted to! Brilliant review!!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally the other way from you. Ronan is my favourite, so this book has been my favourite of the series(so far). I thought the 3rd one was a bit of a struggle. So much is thrown at you that are major head scratches. Hopefully the 4th book gives us all the answers.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read the entire review because I'm reading the first book right now and don't want to be spoiled, but from what I can hear, I'm loving it so far! You're review touches upon the characters, which I thought were really well written and very peculiar.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've looked at the first book in this series so many times at the bookstore and I've just never picked it up. I think the cover just isn't exciting enough... But I didn't realize it was about dream thieves! Even though this book was slow for you I think you've convinced me to give this series a try! Great review :)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that this one dragged for you :( it's a pity when a book suffers middle book syndrome, but hopefully the next one makes up for it!

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed about the dream thieves concept - so fascinating! And also agree about Adam, he...was a bit frustrating.

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.