Waiting on Wednesday with An Ember in the Ashes

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/
Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.


 I have heard a lot of buzz lately and this one sounds like it is really interesting, plus a unique read for me! It is set to be published April 28th, 2015!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20560137-an-ember-in-the-ashes
 
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

9 comments

  1. Oh great choice! I also can't wait for this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I've had my eye on this one too! I hope we both love it! :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one, too! A fantasy based in ancient Rome? Yep, I'm sold :D Hope we both love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea! I'm very excited to get this one in my hands as well.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really interesting! It's not something I would normally read, but I might actually want to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling that this one is going to be awesome. I hope you love it. Great WOW pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh yes I am so excited about this one! It looks freaking amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.