Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Want to Read With My Book Club


I have been part of a book club for a little over a year. A couple of my acquaintances invited me and I got to know some of the other girls pretty well. It has been fun to get to know them through their love of books. We meet at someone’s house, they cook dinner and we all bring snacks and wine. We talk about the book for a while and then life. It is an easy-going group. I really like to read books that are out of my norm or that would bring a lot of conversation with the group. I picked some top 2014 books that I would love to read with the girls. For January we read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.




Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
We Were Liars by E Lockhart (I have read this but I would love to have some more discussion on it with the group)
The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Easy Street by Ron Perlman
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

11 comments

  1. I don't know if I could read Not that Kind of Girl (not a fan of Dunham's), but it would probably produce a lot of discussion based on what has already blown up on the interwebs! However, Yes Please all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Little Lies just miss the cut for my TTT. Great list. Yes Please would definitely be a fantastic book to read.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of those books yet, but I've heard a lot of great things about them! It's so cool that you're a part of a real book club! It must be really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of genres. That's a fun way to go with this topic - picking various books in various genres rather than sticking to one. Or I think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of the books from your list!! I'm off to check them out...

    Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-id-love-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Impossible Knife of Memory is something I've always wanted to read! Nice list Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to read A Discovery of Witches for so long!! We Were Liars is on my TBR list too. I think this book club would be awesome!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh you've chosen some excellent books, Missie! I imagine We Were Liars would be great to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great list of books. Loved We Were Liars and The Impossible Knife of Memory. They would be excellent discussion books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so dying to read Big Little Lies. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list! I feel like a book club is a great way to read outside of your norm. For example, I'd love to read Yes, Please and Not That Kind Of Girl, but they aren't my normal choices.

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.