Review of Into The Woods

http://movies.disney.com/into-the-woods/





For a Christmas adventure my mom, aunt and I went to Into the Woods. I didn't really know a whole lot about it, other than it had an amazing cast and some of my favorite fairy tales.

  • I loved the music. Since Stephen Sondheim wrote the music, it really brought back Sweeney Todd for me, which I loved. I love those dark musical notes within the opening scene. 
  • The actors were amazing, I loved Emily and Anna so much. It was fun to see Anna doing more with her musical talent.
  • The Agony song that was song by the princes was so hilarious! I think I need to download the soundtrack and make that my ringtone.
  • The effects and shots in the movie were so amazing. I loved the evil, creepy look of the forest and the ending part for Meryl Streep's character was awesome. 

  • There was a part with the prince that I just did not understand why it needed to go that direction. I guess I would have written that part different, but I can see how it worked out for the end result.
  • The movie got a little long. There was a part where I thought the movie was done, and just a little anti-climatic, but then it did kinda drag after that.




http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

13 comments

  1. I'm really interested in seeing it even though I'm not all that familiar with it either. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister saw this and said it wasn't that great. I've seen it on stage before (the first half in my sister's middle school play and the whole thing at an arts college); the second half is kind of depressing, isn't it? I think I preferred where the middle school version ended. That, and the two boys who sang "Agony" in the middle school play were unbelievably AWESOME. They were both off-key and out of tune and it sounded great and completely cracked everyone up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm going to go see this today - with or without my boyfriend, haha! Loving the cast of characters :)
    ~Rosie Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah I watched this last week and loved it! THE AGONY SONG WAS HILARIOUS hahahahhaha. Definitely my favorite part. And yeah I thought it was going to end at one place, and then it didn't. But overall I loved the music and I'm really surprised at how well done the singing is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do want to see this, I just don't want to pay the $13 to see it in theatre. It can be watched on the "small screen" in a few months. Lol!
    I'm glad you liked it. I love musical!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this musical for years but never made it to Broadway to see it in person. I love the actors they've assembled for the cast so am looking forward to seeing it! Thanks for the heads up on the length!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved it too! And I felt the same as you do about the ending. I thought it was going to end with the wedding, but then the whole part with the giant happened and it felt like too much. I honestly don't remember that part being in the stage production.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't decide if I want to see this or not, I might wait so I can rent it on iTunes and enjoy it in peace and quiet :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, even if it did drag a little (seems to be a habit with a lot of films lately!)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to see this movie too! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you about the movie being too long. I thought it was going to be over after the wedding but then it dragged on with the whole vindictive female giant thing (which I was not a fan of). To be fair though I haven't seen the actual play to compare it against. I do think that Emily and Anna did a wonderful job though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Missie, first I'll thank you for your visit on my blog.

    So, I'm very excited about Into the Woods, here it will come out in February, just a long time to wait :P
    I really like your Blog, so you got a new Follower ! Have a great day !
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now Agony is stuck in my head. *Jumps up on rock & rips shirt* AGONY! :)

    I'm curious, did the Wolf's song bother you? I heard a lot of people complaining about the content of it.

    Dream @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you’ve had a lot of fun, not only for watching that movie, but also for spending quality time with your mom and aunt. Into the Woods was a Christmas phenomenon, and I’ve seen a lot of positive reviews for it. I wonder if you watched the musical, by the way. Enjoy!

    Simon Walker @ The Viewlorium

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.