Review of The Conspiracy of Us

A fast-paced international escapade, laced with adrenaline, glamour, and romance--perfect for fans of Ally Carter

Avery West's newfound family can shut down Prada when they want to shop in peace, and can just as easily order a bombing when they want to start a war. Part of a powerful and dangerous secret society called the Circle, they believe Avery is the key to an ancient prophecy. Some want to use her as a pawn. Some want her dead.

To unravel the mystery putting her life in danger, Avery must follow a trail of clues from the monuments of Paris to the back alleys of Istanbul with two boys who work for the Circle—beautiful, volatile Stellan and mysterious, magnetic Jack. But as the clues expose a stunning conspiracy that might plunge the world into World War 3, she discovers that both boys are hiding secrets of their own. Now she will have to choose not only between freedom and family--but between the boy who might help her save the world, and the one she's falling in love with.
 I love those around-the-world, searching for some mystery, danger and adventure type stories. I have read Dan Brown's books over and over because I love that old-world suspense. I was so excited to see that the library had The Conspiracy of Us right away and read to borrow. It was read Julia Whelan and was 9 hours, 36 minutes long.


  • Avery was an interesting main character and I loved her purple eyes, how cool would that be!
  • There was definitely mystery, adventure and traveling. This was a good book to get a couple stops for my Around the World Challenge. The book starts in a not-real town in Minnesota, but then she goes to Paris and Istanbul. 
  • I loved Jack, total book boy crush for sure! I imagined him being a lot like Johnny Pacar in his role on Make It or Break It.
  • The whole structure of the official families and the circle was interesting. I do want to continue with the series to see how it all goes down. There was some confusing stuff with the prophecy, but I am hoping that it all comes together in the next two books.
  • The biggest gripe I have is that the conspiracy was a little convoluted. It was a bit hard to understand, but I think that this could be largely in part because I listened to the book instead of reading it. I do sometimes lose my focus sometimes when I am listening. It is a lot harder to go back and re-read when you have to reverse your audiobook!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17134589-the-conspiracy-of-us





http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

10 comments

  1. I am so so so excited for this! I love the idea of the book, but it would be totally a bummer if the conspiracy part was hard to grasp. Eeek. I hope it won't make my head spin. XD Yay, purple eyes o_o. ME WANT! Great review & happy you liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to this, haven't read many reviews for it, sounds like a lot of fun, and yeah, maybe it was confusing because it was audio. At least, I'm hoping it is because I hate confusing ones. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds interesting, you had me at Dan Brown to be honest, I love that type of book. Might be one to consider I think!

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems to be everywhere lately. It does sound interesting and everything, but purple eyes know to drive me crazy on my bad days. We shall see. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just wow. It's like you compiled all my thoughts about this book in one post. I loved loved loved this book (which can be told by my ranting and raving), however, the only problem I had while reading the book was that I couldn't understand the prophecy or the history behind the Circle of Twelve. I don't know if it's just me or the book because I am an underdeveloped reading Lol! Awesome review!!!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently listening to this one right now and yes it is a bit convoluted, a bit confusing. Especially with the family names and such. but I am enjoying it and I do like JACK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking forward to this one, and when I saw that Julia Whelan is the narrator, I knew I had to listen to the audiobook. (I love her!) I have a few I want to listen to first though. I'm a little worried that the conspiracy is complicated because I sometimes have trouble paying attention to audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review Missie! :) I completely agree with what you've said - this had an intriguing concept, but the conspiracy definitely did require a bit of suspension of disbelief to enjoy. Thanks for sharing, and great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading this now :D I'm at halfway now. But I did get a bit confused with the prophecy/Circle/conspiracy and everything. I think I have a bit better understanding of it now, though! I'm gonna try and read the rest this weekend!

    Rosie xx
    http://www.rosiereads.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple is my fav color-obviously. :) The book sounds really interesting, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.