Review of The 100

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.

Ever since a devastating nuclear war, humanity has lived on spaceships far above Earth's radioactive surface. Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents -- considered expendable by society -- are being sent on a dangerous mission: to recolonize the planet. It could be their second chance at life...or it could be a suicide mission.

CLARKE was arrested for treason, though she's haunted by the memory of what she really did. WELLS, the chancellor's son, came to Earth for the girl he loves -- but will she ever forgive him? Reckless BELLAMY fought his way onto the transport pod to protect his sister, the other half of the only pair of siblings in the universe. And GLASS managed to escape back onto the ship, only to find that life there is just as dangerous as she feared it would be on Earth.

Confronted with a savage land and haunted by secrets from their pasts, the hundred must fight to survive. They were never meant to be heroes, but they may be mankind's last hope.

After being home sick on the couch for a few days, I happened about The 100 series by CW on Netflix. I was instantly hooked and binge-watched the first episode and what is out of the 2nd super quick. I asked about the book on Twitter and found out that it was quite a bit different from the tv series, so I decided to also read those. I was surprised by how different they were, but I enjoyed them book.

  • I really like Clarke in both books. She is strong, but quiet, cares more about people and education than popularity.
  • Clarke’s parent’s research was really interesting and I am excited to see where they go with that part of the story.
  • The earthborn still have that mystical air to them, kind of like the Others on lost.
  • This book is really like a more modern version of Lord of Flies, I love the raw, rugged view of how we would/could react when faced with that type of situation.
  • The “small town” aspect, plus the class-system on the ship was well done. I am interested to see if the class-system will still work into their lives on earth.

  • The story was somewhat simplistic but it was still a good read.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19161855-the-100




http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

6 comments

  1. I have been curious about the book. I wanted to read it then i saw not so great reviews, so I skipped it. Then I watched the show and really liked it so I was still on the fence but leaning towards reading the book. I think I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is totally different from the show. So, you're not really missing anything by not reading it. I like the show better. The book is more like a love conflict between the characters and less about the world they live in.

      Delete
  2. Yup! I love the show a lot more. I did give book a 4* as well. I like how the show lacks some of the characters I hated in the book. Or changed them for the better. I still need to move on to the second book.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the show. Loving it! Haven't read the books yet but I need to get started on that!
    Great review :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this was a TV series but I never knew that it was a book!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to watch this tv show though I see everyone loving it on Twitter. I knew it was a book but I've yet to read it as well. I'll eventually have to catch up on both!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.