Review of The 100 Day 21

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.
It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.
In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together.


 


I immediately started Day 21 after finishing The 100. I was so amazing by how completely different the book storyline is from the CW TV show – and I think that this is why I can enjoy both stories instead of comparing them.


I really enjoyed the mystery of the earthbounds and getting to know what / who they are better. I am excited to see where the story is going to go.
The characters were able to be more developed, and we got to again go back and forth between past and present, so I felt like they are becoming really well-rounded characters.
I like the little romance situation between Clarke and Bellamy. I feel like it is real, and definitely shows signs of what relationships are like within the confines of a small town where everyone knows everyone else and has connections.
I am interested to see how Mount Weather and the earthborns, plus the research that Clarke’s parents did on the ship work into the next part of the story. It was intriguing enough to want to continue with the series.

There is just something missing from the writing. It is so very simplistic, and to me, that makes it almost boring. I really am glad that I have the images from the TV show to really put details in my head. I am not sure I would have continued to read this story without having first watched the TV show.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20454076-day-21




http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

2 comments

  1. Simple writing gets to me too. I can deal sometimes when its a thriller... and fast paced... I don't mind it becuase not a lot of world building and character devleopment is needed. All other books I need the world building and character development. This is the main reason I have not started this series. I have head the simple writing many times. I do like the show. Although I am way behind.... an entire season. I did enjoy watching it. I will catch up when the season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the simplicity. I thought there should have been, like, more struggle or more of a fight in the story. Everything, every problem, seems to get resolved too fast. That's why I like how drawn out the struggles are on the show (even if they are taking forever to put Clarke and Bellamy together, grr). I am curious about the changes with Clarke's parents in the books, as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.