There is a new map embeded into my blog footer that shows where I have traveled through books! Have any favorites that would help me add places to my map? There are even some mini-challenges to help diversify the books you read in 2015!
The mini-challenges:These mini-challenges are optional! The main goal is just to have a map full of dots that are hopefully spread all over the world. Some of these mini-challenges are rather easy, others not so much. For some you can set your own goal of books you want to read.
- Read one book for each continent
- Read one book for each state in the US
- Read one book for each ocean (the character travels across the ocean, no matter how)
- The mountaineering challenge: climb the Seven Summits
- Three Poles Challenge: visit North Pole, South Pole and Mount Everest
- Visit a certain number of extreme points of Earth
- Read a certain number of books set in capital cities
- Read a certain number of books set in at least 5 different places (e.g. road trip books)
- Read a certain number of books that are set in two places from different continents
- Read a certain number of books within a 100km/1.5 Mile radius of where you live
- Visit a certain number of the most famous landmarks in the world
- A to Z challenge: Find a place for each letter in the alphabet
- Visit a certain number of countries.
- Read books from authors from a certain number of different countries.
- Read a certain number of books set in places you’ve visited yourself.