My Harry Potter Re-Read


I have re-read Harry Potter quite a few times and am in the middle (or closer to the end I guess) or re-reading again. I just wanted to share how much I love these books. I know that most of you have read them and a lot of you probably share in my deep love of the books, but if you by chance haven't, please do! They are so amazing. Please read them to your children and keep the love of Harry Potter going!

Do you ever wish that you could experience the book again when you are re-reading? It is an odd feeling, because I love the feeling of coming back to an old friend when I re-read a favorite, but then again, I wish that I could experience the new excitment of the book again. It is almost like that first kiss, it is so magical and amazing, but there is only one first kiss. Even though every kiss is still amazing and as your love grows, the kisses have more meaning, but there is still that amazing magic of a first kiss.

Ok, totally rambling here, is anyone with me on this one? Do I even make sense? Just a hint, this is how crazy it is in my head all the time!

So what you do you think? How do you feel about re-reading? Do you re-read or are you a one-time reader?



http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

10 comments

  1. I re-read a lot! Last year out of the 242 books I read, 32 of them were re-reads. And I actually hope to have a higher number this year.
    Like you, I am a massive HP fan. It is my life. I do a re-read mostly every year. Last year was the first time I did it via audio. Have you done that yet? If not you definitely should. They're amazing!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a re-reader! There are some stories I almost feel comfortable with and I love goibg back to them over and over! I don't even know how many times I have reread the Harry Potter series! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean, but I've found that while reading the Harry Potter books, that even though I know what happens, my heart still races at certain points. I also find that I discover new details that I missed in all my previous excitement and the story just becomes more special and meaningful.

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read Harry Potter once years ago. I'm trying to let years pass by before reading it again! That way I'll get to forget some details so when I read it again the second time round I'll get excited once more! I do wish I can like throw away my memory of Harry Potter just so I can read it again anew! Sigh.. but it's just not possible! :)
    The Book Ponderer

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousin, who's totally in love with the Harry Potter series too, re-reads the entire series every year. There are a couple of favorite books of mine that I really enjoy re-reading. And while I do love re-reading, there is something about reading a book for the first time, especially if that book will end up as one of your favorites. :)

    Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely a re-reader and Harry Potter has been my favorite series forever. I can still remember those days when I almost couldn't sleep because I knew the new book was almost there. Although the first read is definitely magical, I feel like coming home when I re-read this series. I can't imagine a life without the Harry Potter books, they are what made me an even bigger book-addict. I definitely will be reading these books to my cousins when they grow up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not really a re-reader. The ones I do re-read are usually humour books like Tina Fey's Bossypants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get it! The first time I always want to repeat is Lord of the Rings. Every time someone tells me they're finally going to read the books, I get a little envious. I still remember how it felt to discover Middle Earth way back when. It's magical!

    Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love Harry Potter, and I've read them a million times. It's about two years since I last read the entire series, so I'm planning on doing it again this year. Because I love them! They're like my childhood. From I was 9, they have been such a big part of my life.

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing like the first time, but I do love to re-read! I started re-reading Harry last year, but put it on pause a little ways into book 3 -- hope to pick them up again soon before too long.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.