Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/


After finishing up my first year of blogging, I have some new goals for my blog – and life – for 2015. I am definitely not good at resolutions, but goals I am much better with! Lol, I think goals just have that prize – that light at the end of the tunnel that resolutions are lacking. So, without further ado, there are my goals for 2015.

  1. Read at least 150 books again for my Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015
  2. Sustain content for my blog. I have been doing a new post daily, and I would like to continue at that rate, but I want at least 5 blog posts a week
  3. Stay on top of blogging and schedule posts at least a week ahead of time
  4. Train and run a 10K in May. The most I have run is 4 miles, but I want to do a 6K and I am getting sponsored to support an amazing cause – Team Landon and Blake (who suffer from a genetic disease called MPS)
  5. Meet new bloggers and gain followers – making new relationships within the blogging community
  6. Attend a book conference or author signing (I have never done this before and I want to SO badly! If you hear of any in the Minnesota / North Dakota area please let me know)
  7. Work on my writing and try NaNoWriMo 2015. I succeeded in 2013, got half way in 2014 but I have a passion for writing and I would love to grow that skill
  8. Get more involved with my local library and see if there is a way that I can do some work with the Young Adult section and getting more teens into reading
  9. Learn more skills for coding and blog design
  10. Make sure to balance life and find a good balance between my blog, reading, my faith and my husband. Sometimes I get absorbed in things and forget about the world around me.
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

21 comments

  1. Good luck with your goals!! Prior to this year I hadn't run more than a 4 miler and I worked my way up to a half marathon last October. It sounds like you have a great goal to keep you motivated for your running challenge.

    I can't even imagine reading 150 books in one year. It looks like you exceeded that goal this year as well....AWESOME!

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-goals-for-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book festivals and author signings are SO MUCH FUN! I really hope you get the chance to go to one this year because they are the best.
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never attended a book signing before as well. Here's hoping I'll be able to do so in 2015. And reading 150 is such a huge goal but looks like you've done well this year. That's amazing! I can't even reach near 100... Good luck with your goals! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of running! Best of luck with that, the blogging, and the balance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some great goals some of them are similar to mine especially when it comes to the whole blogging thing! I want hope to grow my blog and be better at posting! Best of Luck and I hope you have a great new years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and excellent set of goals. Yes goals are more oriented to achievement I believe because they aren't fuzzy like resolutions can be. Hope these go well. I'd love to attend a book conference or some such too, but I think I'm not likely to get to one. A book signing hopefully sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in 2015! I'm right there with you for number 6. One of these days maybe. Number 9 is a good one, I didn't even think of adding it to my list.

    Happy New Year!

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea of volunteering for your local library. I want to do some volunteering this year myself. For a cat shelter and for the library. Seems like both would be a good way to give some of my time.


    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals - looks like we have some in common! It would be so fun to go to an author signing, and I wish I was a runner (I'm more of a really fast speed walker).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to do a 5k. I hope you are able to run and support a cause you believe in.
    I wish I knew how to code and design my blog as well. If you find anything useful you might want to do a post on it.
    Good luck with your goals in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those sound like some really nice goals. I especially love the marathon one and I hope you can succeed and raise a lot of money for the cause! Let me know if you want to talk writing some time - there's another fellow wannabe-writer right here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are some great goals! I hope you get to accomplish all of them by the end of 2015! I definitely need to try to read 150 books next year as well. In fact, it almost broke my heart when I thought I was gonna read less than 200 books this year. It's totally weird, but I feel like I HAVE to read 200 books or something ._o

    Happy New Year, Missie! <33

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your goals! I haven't been to a book signing either. I might go if there was one local to me with an author I liked, but I'm not really interested enough to travel to one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Balance is always a good resolution. I completely forgot about that one on my list! And I do hope you get to a book con of some sort, they are pretty fun. Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your goals! I'm always impressed by people who can read over 100 books in a year; that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome goals! Good luck with them :)
    During 2013 I trained for a half marathon, I never thought I'd be able to do it because I am not a runner, but I did it! I strongly suggest downloading a training app.

    Happy New Year!
    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list of goals! And I agree that goals seem more easily obtainable than resolutions for some reason. I didn't write anything down, but want to work on my TBR pile instead of constantly bringing new books into my house. And I also need to get my home organized once and for all, so joined a declutter challenge to help me out. Here's to a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some really awesome goals! I want to keep up content on my blog this year as well. I hope you're able to accomplish all your goals and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are able to achieve some of those things! I am sure you will be able to do it :D 5 Blog posts a week is an awful lot but its a nice amount to keep working towards. Prescheduling always helps ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.